ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel cell and gene therapy approaches. bluebird bio seeks a highly collaborative and innovative CMC leader to lead the cross-functional early oncology CMC teams. In this role you will have the opportunity to work across Technical Development & Operations, Quality, Regulatory and Research to define the CMC strategy for the early portfolio.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a CMC Strategy & Operations bird reporting to the VP of Oncology CMC Strategy & Operations, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading CMC team meetings and establishes detailed CMC program plans including strategy and timelines in alignment with the overall program and company goals
- Overseeing execution of CMC-related activities
- Identifying CMC-related risks and facilitates mitigation planning
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to support early phase programs for cell therapy oncology products, representing Technical Development & Operations on candidate teams and program teams
- Effectively communicate with internal and external team members, senior leaders and key stakeholders on the timeline, status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with the various CMC activities
- Building strong relationships with CMC team members and Research organization to identify and address challenging issues related to early phase development and manufacturing
- Participating in other strategic initiatives within Technical Development & Operations as a subject matter expert when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- Advanced degree in pertinent life sciences or engineering, with 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the interdependencies of CMC and other program related activities
- Technical understanding and experience in biopharmaceutical product development
- Ability to develop creative CMC plans that allow advancement of multiple early phase candidates to Proof of Concept
- Excellent communication skills and proven record of cross-functional influence
- Proven ability to distill complex plans across multiple programs into an intuitive, simple and clear communication to facilitate prioritization and resourcing
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.