ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative T cell analytics team to contribute to the overall success of our novel oncology products. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to support the development of cell-based bioassays for deeper understanding of our oncology drug products. The candidate will coordinate and enable critical laboratory activities by effectively communicating within and across functions, assisting in designing and executing key experiments, and preparing necessary technical documents. We are looking for motivated candidates to work collaboratively and take initiative to drive critical projects, with the ultimate goal to deliver therapies that transform patient lives.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Develop and execute analytical bioassays to support release and characterization of oncology drug products.
- Support assay development and qualification activities and interact with CMOs and other vendors, as needed.
- Work as subject matter expert (SME) on cell-based assays to independently develop study designs, execute laboratory experiments, critically analyze data, provide conclusions and monitor progress of projects.
- Responsible for obtaining critical test materials and reagents and track sample inventory as well as train junior associate scientists, as needed.
- Represent the T cell analytics group in a variety of cross-functional forums to provide feedback on scientific strategy, set up collaborations, prioritize activities, and evaluate experimental timelines for activities.
- Author and review technical documents, including technical reports and regulatory documents as well as prepare scientific presentations whenever needed.
- Document, manage, evaluate, and maintain data in a highly organized manner.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BS or MS with 2+ years of experience in a laboratory environment. Background in Biological sciences, Biotechnology, Immunology or related field is preferred.
- Hands on experience with development of cell-based immunological assays and multi-color flow cytometry is required.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and sterile techniques is required.
- Experience in techniques such as qPCR, ELISA, cell counting is preferred.
- Experience with RNA sequencing, 10X library prep and other sequencing platforms is preferred
- Experience with qualifying assays and an understanding of ICH/ FDA guidelines is preferred.
- Excellent command of scientific fundamentals to translate into laboratory work and advanced testing techniques.
- Excellent organization skills, sufficient to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Understanding of statistical tools, such as DoE, Prism, FlowJo will be a plus.
- Superb communications—both written and oral skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability. Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.