ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Security Site Manager (Contract)
This role is for a 12-month contract.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The bluebird Global Security flock is all about getting stuff done, working collaboratively, and ensuring the safety and security of our global organization. We are looking for a full-time security professional to join our team at our nest in Seattle, Washington. At bluebird, we take what we do seriously, but make sure we have fun doing it. This highly visible position will interact with all levels of our organization.
As the first person our associates and visitors will see, it's critical for our security associates to be friendly, engaging, diligent in their duty to observe and protect, and be able to react quickly to a fast-paced environment. Our team serve as our ambassadors and set the tone for our nest. Candidates must have exceptional customer service skills, be comfortable with equipment such as computers and a security radio and be able to use Microsoft programs to answer email and connect with staff via instant messaging. Come work with a fun and hard-working group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Security Site Manager bird reporting to our director of global security, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot (includes stairs, ramps and exterior conditions)
- Be observant and identify anomalies and/or unusual behavior that may create safety concerns or hazards
- Alert the appropriate person(s) or public safety in the event of fire, medical emergency, or other immediate threat and coordinate a potential response
- Properly vet visitors and authorize employees and visitors to the property as well as continuously monitor entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities and prepare reports documenting these events according to bluebird policy/guidelines
- Manage security systems and work with Global security team to develop and maintain a consistent and compliant security program
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- 3 years of security experience
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Have access to dependable transportation
- Always provide assistance to employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Be eager to learn and grow as a member of the security team
- Have a willingness to participate in on-going training and offer expertise and experience to other team members
- Have the ability to think on your feet as well as take direction from others
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and functions well as part of a team
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires flexibility and is willing to support the team
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.