ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Quality team at bluebird is all about working collaboratively to ultimately reach our goal of serving patients and their families! The Lead of Document Control and Training is responsible for ensuring that document management and training programs are implemented and effectively administered while maximizing efficiency, complying with industry standards, and achieving compliance targets. You will collaborate with local and global stakeholders, providing support for the streamlining/maturation of local business processes to provide an enhanced customer experience. Come fly with us as we progress towards our goal of delivering life changing therapies for patients!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Lead of Document Control and Training bird reporting to the Senior Manager of Document Control and Training, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading the Doc Control and Training systems, processes, logistics, delivery, metrics and maintenance while identifying and effectively resolving quality issues/discrepancies
- Driving the Cambridge site’s daily document management, ensuring appropriate documentation standards are developed and managed, workflows are processed, and documents archived appropriately
- Driving the Cambridge site’s daily training operations, ensuring appropriate training requirements for GxP employees are identified and completed, and new hires are effectively onboarded
- Managing the electronic systems supporting Doc Control and Training needs, including scaling business processes to match recent and future growth, developing and seeing through implementation of strategic plans and collaborating with global stakeholders to ensure that current and future processes and systems meet all user requirements
- Working with IT System Owners to troubleshoot issues with Doc Control and Training electronic systems
- Supporting special projects/continuous improvement initiatives
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with 5+ years of document control and training experience in a GxP regulated industry
- Experience with both Doc Control and Training systems and extensive experience with at least one of them
- Experience in the implementation and validation of electronic systems is strongly preferred
- Experience with Veeva Quality Vault and ComplianceWire is desirable
- Have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.