ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Working within medical affairs, you will function as a medical/scientific connection between bluebird bio and key external stakeholders to further scientific exchange. Through the development of strong relationships and provision of insights, you will support the advancement and commercialization of our gene therapy treatments in hemoglobinopathies and adrenoleukodystrophy.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Senior Medical Science Liaison bird reporting to our Associate Director, Medical Liaison, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Establishing, building and maintaining collaborative relationships with disease management experts, investigators, institutions and other key external stakeholders by providing disease state education and communicating the clinical value of the bluebird bio therapeutic platform.
- Engaging in peer to peer scientific exchange of complex clinical and scientific information with disease experts. Delivery of scientifically credible and consistent value-based information to public and private payer segments.
- Providing clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups that are tailored to the specific audience.
- Developing and cultivate relationships with cross-functional bluebird partners. Work closely with other field-based employees and headquarters-based staff to rapidly respond to questions from sites in the territory.
- Contributing to company success through the gathering of medical insights to inform company strategy and research/data generation initiatives.
- Being seen as a trusted medical/scientific partner that provides high quality scientific expertise to support appropriate use of bluebird’s treatments. Maintain clinical, scientific and technical expertise in our therapeutic areas.
- Representing bluebird bio and our therapeutic platform at relevant scientific congresses and meetings.
- Adhering to corporate compliance policies in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Travel expectations 50-70%; North Central US Geography (Denver, CO based preferred location).
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, DO, PhD) or Registered Nurse (RN)
- 5+ years in pharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years as MSL. Experience in rare disease, and particularly in hematology, an asset.
- Product launch experience strongly desired.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative; ability to anticipate and adapt to change; strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently yet engage in collaboratively within Field team to complete tasks in a timely fashion. Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.