ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Preclinical & Translational Development group works with bluebird bio’s discovery platforms and translational research teams to generate the hypotheses, mechanism-of-action, and efficacy data that fuel the bluebird pipeline. We also work with our clinical and regulatory teams to generate the pharmacology, toxicology and bioanalytical data that is critical to translating each of bluebird’s innovative therapies safely from research into patients. In doing so, we continuously strive towards our mission to be the biotech world’s best Preclinical & Translational Development organization for immunotherapy and CAR-T/TCR-T cell therapy. Our valued associates experience room to grow their careers, a supportive, flexible and collaborative work environment, and respect for a diversity of experiences and perspectives. Come fly with us!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
You'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Driving the development and oversight of Nonclinical and Translational program strategies, including the effective integration of expertise across Research, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Pathology and Translational Biomarkers
- Driving the development of pharmacology and toxicology study protocols, study results interpretation, report preparation, and supporting the development of integrated nonclinical summaries for IND/CTA filings and marketing applications
- Working cross-functionally across the organization to ensure effective execution on program deliverables, including with Research, CMC, Regulatory, and Clinical functions
- Assessing new targets and products for mechanism(s) of toxicity to determine clinical relevance and ways to minimize clinical impact and/or effectively position bluebird products
- Managing contract research laboratory (CRO) study director and business/scientific partner interactions and conducting study monitoring as needed
- Representing the Preclinical and Translational Development function on teams across multiple therapeutic modalities (CAR T cells, TCR-modified T cells, gene-edited/allogeneic CAR T cells) in hematological and solid tumor indications as well as external interfacing as appropriate
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You're the bird we're looking for if you have:
- Ph.D. in Molecular and/or Cellular Biology, Immunology, or related with 6+ years of experience as a Pharmacologist and/or Toxicologist within pharma industry
- Experience in nonclinical development strategies for biotherapeutics, cell therapies and gene edited products
- Strong background and/or demonstrated skills in the practical application of investigative safety, including appropriate and relevant in vivo and in vitro methodologies
- General familiarity with drug development within Oncology and a strong foundation in immunology/immuno-oncology research
- Familiarity with nonclinical regulatory guidelines towards the support of clinical development and registrational filings
- Excellent report and regulatory package writing skills
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.