ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. The activities of the Analytical Operations Life Cycle Management (LCM) team include method improvement and optimization to support process development and clinical manufacturing, method lifecycle management, and investigation support. These responsibilities encompass state-of-the-art techniques for the analysis of lentiviral vectors, mRNA gene editing constructs, and immune cells. Responsibilities include managing lab personnel and collaborating across the broad organization, including Research, Process Development, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Sciences. A technical background including hands-on experience with bioassays, molecular biology, and/or cell biology is preferred for this role.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Provide technical leadership for method improvement and optimization activities
- Plan and schedule method LCM activities of the group based on priority
- Attend cross-functional meetings with partner functions, provide technical advice, solutions and support
- Generate, manage, and analyze data utilizing standard software (ELN, JMP, Excel, etc.) and maintain this data in a highly organized manner.
- Supervise general lab maintenance and upkeep, including maintaining key analytical equipment.
- Review and evaluate raw data
- Manage up to 3 direct reports including responsibility for their continued development
- Hands-on lab work may be required
- Author and/or revise SOPs, work instructions, test methods, and forms
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BS/MS in Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline with 5-7 years of industry experience
- Track record of managing and mentoring lab personnel
- Method development/optimization experience in an industry setting
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines for method validation
- Experience with cell culture, qPCR, and ELISAs is required
- Experience with automation technologies a plus
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office systems sufficient to record and analyze scientific data and prepare reports (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, jmp, Softmax, etc.)
- A strong initiative and scientific mindset with good problem-solving abilities
- Superb organizational, analytical, and communications skills.
- A “do-what-it-takes” attitude and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- A passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.