ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Vector Process Development flock is all about enthusiastic collaboration. Whether it’s designing, directing, or executing studies we are driven by the results in support of our greater goals of building our next generation platform and delivering therapies. Come work with this high-paced group of birds that love rising to the challenge, developing cutting edge processes and technologies, and being a part of the cell and gene therapy forefront.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Vector Process Development bird reporting to a Senior Scientist, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Integrateing existing and novel characterization tools to develop viral vector formulations with optimal stability and cell transduction efficiency.
- Deeping scientific understanding of how impurities and virus degradation impact storage stability and overall quality.
- Providing technical support for fill-finish manufacturing.
- Exploring and implementing technological innovations for future novel formulation development for viral vectors.
- Implementing process analytical and monitoring technologies to support production, to enhance process understanding, and to improve viral vector quality attributes from purification to fill-finish in early and late-stage manufacturing.
- Supporting cross-functional activities and pipeline priorities by working collaboratively with Research, Vector and Cell Process Development, Analytics, Quality, and Regulatory groups.
- Performing hands-on laboratory-based work and write/review/execute experimental plans, protocols, reports while managing experimental timelines to meet corporate goals.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have BS with 8+ years, MS with 5+ years, or PhD with 0-3 years of experience in analytical development, solution/lyophilization/lipid formulations, fill-finish, or process development in the virus, vaccines, or biologics fields. A degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biology or related field preferred.
- Experience with FFF-MALS, DLS, HPLC, LC-MS, flow virometry/cytometry, nanoparticle counting, capillary electrophoresis, cell-based potency/activity assays, or other biophysical and biochemical techniques for lentivirus, other viruses, or biologics is preferred.
- Statistical design of experiment (DoE) is desired.
- Ability to conduct laboratory experiments while complying to safe work environment and good laboratory notebook practices. May require execution of purification and formulation process steps.
- An in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of the area of expertise for the characterization of biologics or more specifically viral vectors.
- Good scientific aptitude allowing formulation of hypothesis, design and execution of experiments, data analysis and sound scientific conclusions.
- Knowledge of GMP/ICH/FDA regulations and QbD principles is desired.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.