ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Analytical Development flock is all about working collaboratively. Whether it’s making sure our analytics are accurate and precise, supporting testing of in-process intermediates, or compiling data for regulatory submissions, we are driven by a genuine desire to provide superior analytics for our drug substance/product. Come work with a dynamic group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we love blasting tunes in the lab!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Analytical Development bird reporting to the Manager of Lentiviral Vector Assays and Process Residuals Group, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading/overseeing phase-appropriate test method qualifications as needed, including the generation/review of protocols, training of team members, execution of experiments, and generation/review of reports and presentations.
- Driving optimization of methods and investigations into aberrant results, both within the team and cross-functionally.
- Conducting, managing, and troubleshooting the research activities of associate scientists working in the lab
- Authoring and/or revising SOPs, work instructions, test methods, and forms.
- Generating, managing, and analyzing data utilizing standard software (ELN, jmp, Excel, etc.).
- Reviewing and summarizing data via technical reports and presenting scientific data to leadership
- Managing up to 3 direct reports and ensuring their continued development
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- BS/MS in Biology (or related discipline) with 7-9 years of experience in a biotechnology discipline
- Experience with qPCR, ELISAs, and cell culture; digital droplet PCR experience preferred
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to train, mentor, and manage junior staff
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office systems sufficient to record and analyze scientific data and prepare reports (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, jmp, Softmax, etc.).
- Superb organizational, analytical, and communications skills,
- A “do-what-it-takes” attitude and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.