ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across 7 countries with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our flock and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Vector Characterization flock bridges early-phase development as well as late-stage and commercial programs. Whether it’s performing extended characterization testing of lentiviral vectors (LVV), developing new techniques to better understand LVV, or investigating biological or mechanisms of LVV function and degradation, we work extremely collaboratively across functions and programs to advance our knowledge and regulatory packages. Come work with an enthusiastic and inquisitive group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we love advancing science to help patients!
As an Associate Scientist bird reporting to a Senior Scientist, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading hands-on, independent execution of laboratory experiments
- Driving cross-functional collaboration to refine study design, obtain test materials and reagents, and discuss results and impact
- Helping to manage laboratory inventory of supplies and reagents
- Performing analytical testing of lentiviral vectors and support development of new technologies for characterizing lentiviral vectors
- Successfully generating, documenting, managing, evaluating, and maintaining critical data in a highly organized manner
- Assisting in the generation and review of technical protocols and reports
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have BS with 2+ years of experience or MS with 0-1 years of experience. Degree emphasis in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or related field preferred
- Are experienced in conducting laboratory experiments, writing and reviewing technical documentation, and the flexibility to work on multiple projects as needed
- Are familiar with analytical techniques such as PCR/qPCR, ELISA, gel and/or capillary electrophoresis, Western blotting for biologics
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills, with a “do what it takes” attitude
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.