ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across 7 countries with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our flock and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative Oncology Research team by contributing to the overall success of our cellular immunotherapy programs. The team is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist to support CAR-T/TCR pre-clinical research. We are looking for motivated, inquisitive, and passionate team members who are seeking an opportunity to learn, grow, and impact patients with solid or liquid tumors. bluebird has been doing innovative science for 10 years and you’ll be joining a team that recognizes the value of working hard, but also not taking themselves too seriously.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
This new Associate Scientist will design and execute in vitro assays to engineer and characterize the function of modified T lymphocytes. The Associate Scientist will also be accountable for data analysis and presentation of data in a collaborative environment.
As an Oncology Research bird reporting to a Senior Scientist, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Using lentiviral vectors to genetically modify freshly isolated T lymphocytes
- Expansion and maintenance of gene modified T cells
- Culturing cancer cells and primary normal cells
- Using standard immunological and in vitro functional assays to characterize CAR/TCR-T cells and test their safety and specificity
- Compiling and presenting research data to functional teams
- Contributing to experimental design and project direction
- Providing critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- BS/MS cell biology, immunology or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in immunology. Cancer immunology a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, such as tumor cell lines and primary human cells, including the propagation of human T lymphocytes.
- Expertise in standard immunological assays (flow cytometry, MSD/Luminex)
- Competency in basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience working with automated HTP liquid handlers a plus
- Experience with FlowJo, Graphpad Prism, and Geneious a plus
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Capable of critically analyzing and discussing data
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.