Everything that we do at Bluebeam is in an effort to create value for our customers as we serve them, partner with them and innovate on their behalf to move their work forward.
At Bluebeam, we hire for both competency and character. We are committed to hiring employees with the ability to achieve superior results while approaching their work ethically using a team-based approach.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to company-wide results which create value for our customers rather than focusing on their own desires for power or career advancement. This means that every employee needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves, no matter the task, to ensure the company (not just a department or individual) accomplishes its goals.
We also believe that all employees are leaders, whether they proactively lead themselves through their daily activities, or lead a team.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Know how to give and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s company-wide results
Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
What We Are Looking For
Bluebeam is looking for an experienced Software Development Director to execute on the strategy and technology direction for Studio. If you have the desire to make an impact on the way we develop the next generation of Bluebeam products while leading a team of incredibly committed, customer driven team members, please apply.
- Strategic partner to the VP of Software Development, VP of Product Management, CTO and the leadership team with a focus on creating value for our customers by delivering world class software.
- Oversee all day to day software development operations for the Studio product line.
- Promote a culture of developing best in class software by empowering our teams to follow software development design and quality best practices.
- Inspire our product development teams to innovate, learn, and challenge the status quo.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure we have a cohesive technology vision for Studio.
- Identify and communicate high-level feature goals/objectives.
- Breakdown large feature goals into manageable objectives.
- Improve the planning and forecasting of the work being done by all Studio product development teams.
- Set and promote development standards and processes
- Help our team grow while maintaining a healthy code base
- Ensure our processes are scalable
- Mentor and develop our coaches (people managers)
- Develop and grow talent via coaching and mentoring
- Ensure our teams are following proper continuous integration processes
- Pull request are completed with code metrics and build passing requirements
- Unit test coverage is monitored and used as a success metric
- Integration test are executed and used as a success metric
- Ensure Studio is ready for international adoption as we continue to expand across the world
- Provide adequate support for language translation
- Identify and assess any basic functionality that is essential to early international adopters, and put a plan in place to fill any technical/functionality gaps
- Report on Studio development projects and objectives
- Establish, monitor, and communicate success metrics
- 10+ years of software development experience in mid to large size companies with a proven track record of delivering high quality, SaaS products to the market.
- 5+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience.
- Hands-on experience in leading, technically-challenging, cross-functional software development initiatives.
- Proven experience leading projects and teams through challenging conversations and initiatives.
- Experience with Microsoft Dot Net Technologies, in particular, C#
- Experience with AWS technologies and cloud infrastructure
- Proven experience in designing enterprise SaaS applications using established design patterns (MVVM, MVC, etc.) and processes such as TDD, BDD, Scrum, and Agile Development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related Software Engineering field.
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send the following:
- Cover letter. Please let us know why Bluebeam and this role is of interest to you. (No generic letters please!)
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.