We make software for people who build things for a living: hospitals, schools, bridges and everything in between. From the design studio to the construction site, our unique, industry-leading product suite has grown to become the trusted, common interface between Architects, Engineers, and Contractors (aka, “AEC”).
Bluebeam is looking for a Senior IT Manager to lead our internal IT Services team. In this role, you will manage the core infrastructure for Bluebeam, including the server, network, application software and phone/teleconferencing systems to support our rapidly growing and internationally expanding team. You will manage the day-to-day operations of the team as well as work with management to ensure that the systems and IT infrastructure support the objectives of the organization. In this role you will provide coaching, mentoring and guidance for a diverse team of managers and engineers. You will regularly manage large, cross-functional projects and interact with software developers, executives, vendors and other team members.
- Plan and implement Bluebeam’s server, network, and phone/teleconference infrastructure.
- Drive change by continually seeking to improve and enhance our infrastructure in order to serve the evolving needs of the organization.
- Actively partner with the business units in the organization to ensure the needs of the teams are being met.
- Proactively monitor and plan for resource usage and implement troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime.
- Manage the system, network, and helpdesk personnel. This includes coaching, mentoring, ongoing development and training of the teams to ensure their success.
- Perform yearly reviews and help establish personal and departmental goals and expectations.
- Relate larger business goals to the IT group to ensure all team members understand company direction and their vital role in the success of Bluebeam.
- Employ best in class technology and processes to ensure that system and network security remain a priority.
- Work with the helpdesk team to ensure our growing and increasingly global internal customers continue to receive the highest level of service.
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis. When issues occur, proactively ensure that plans are in place to resolve situations and minimize the overall impact on the business.
- Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading company systems and commercial software.
- Grow and maintain healthy relationships with software and hardware vendors, ensuring beneficial negotiation and on-track implementation schedules.
- Ability to “zoom in” and “zoom out”, rolling up your sleeves and getting deep into the details while still being able to maintain a view of the big picture and summarizing information for executive-level communications.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- 5+ years managing people managers
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Previous IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management or IT Business Operations experience
- Willingness to travel roughly 15% domestic and some internationally
- Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best
- Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits
- Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
- Availability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Must have a bias for action, innovation and the ability to dive into the deepest details
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send the following:
- Cover letter. Please let us know why Bluebeam and this role is of interest to you. (No generic letters, please!)
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/