Bluebeam, the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry’s leading markup, communication, and collaboration solution, is looking for a seasoned Account Development Executive to increase revenue and grow Bluebeam’s footprint in the industry by forming new Key and Strategic customers through customer-centric and value-based sales methodologies.
This job is based in Manchester, New Hampshire, and you will be responsible for new customer acquisition throughout the eastern region of North America (think Quebec to Florida, Louisiana to Ontario)
You will be met with a great deal of enthusiasm as prospective customers turn into new customers once they discover, implement and maximize one of the most innovative tools in the business. The software creates extraordinary efficiencies for our customers and completely changes the way they do business. Look no further for an opportunity to make an immediate impact and drive maximum value to some of the most interesting companies in the world.
Sound like a sweet gig? It is. So join us as we push to create even greater tools and efficiencies, and enact even more powerful change in this complex and fascinating industry.
Let us list out some of the key responsibilities of the role:
Drive annual revenue from new Key and Strategic accounts in your designated region:
- Generate new business from key and strategic account targets
- Achieve a 70% conversion rate
- Provide accurate monthly sales forecasts
- Grow the footprint from 0% to 20% saturation within the first year before transitioning account to Account Manager
- Establish customer membership and maintain an 80% attachment rate
- Foster enterprise-wide and project-based solutions ensuring Bluebeam’s advanced workflow and collaboration solutions are a critical component of customers’ tech stack
Demonstrate full ownership by driving the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to enterprise-level buy-in and transition to Account Management:
- Open doors with VP, C-level, and technical decision makers to identify new opportunities for Bluebeam to pursue
- Prospect and develop pipeline for potential customers in assigned region using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and online research
- Create an Account Pursuit Plan for each targeted customer (identify, qualify, validate, executive-level presentation)
- Consult with Bluebeam’s Marketing team to target and generate warm leads in key and strategic organizations in the industry
- Proactively reach out to new potential customers, presenting the value of Bluebeam solutions, providing sales demonstrations, removing barriers, and effectively negotiating sales contracts
- Be a trusted advisor on business pain points, challenges, market trends and relevant business/technical requirements, as well as communicate Bluebeam’s value and ROI associated with proposed solutions.
- Make presentations to C-level executives, senior leadership teams, and other company decision makers and influencers
- Understand each account, with comprehensive knowledge of the decision-making chain, and build appropriate relationships with all customer stakeholders
- Provide accurate forecasts for monthly sales performance and outlook for future quarter
- Work across departments to proactively head off customer problems and aggressively address issues when they arise
- Establish and maintain active communication with the Technical Services team and ensure customer issues are being communicated and escalated appropriately for immediate workarounds and through final resolution
- Partner with Industry Specialists to advise new customers and deliver successful implementations and integrations across projects and business units within customer organizations
- Partner with the Account Management team, demonstrating a team-based approach and ensuring a successful customer transition
- Consistently engage with Bluebeam’s Product Management team and cultivate an active feedback loop to communicate customer information and insights from the enterprise, business unit, project, and end-user level
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all activities with the highest degree of professionalism, honesty, and integrity
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years working within a professional sales-based role
- Experience in the construction, architecture and engineering field is a BIG plus
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint…Bluebeam Revu…you know, the basics
- Must be extremely comfortable learning new technology. After all, we are a software company
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 30%)
- BA/BS degree required
- OH, AND PLEASE HAVE ENTHUSIASM!
More about You:
You are someone who loves big challenges and can’t wait to get started! You can strike up a conversation with anyone and thrive in environments where you are continually forming and developing relationships with new people in new businesses. You are a fantastic communicator and enjoy being able to uncover needs, overcome objections and recommend solutions that help drive businesses forward. You’re resilient, and you not only easily adapt to change, but you inspire change and naturally influence others.
So now you get a chance to tell us about yourself. Send us the following:
- A cover letter that reflects your personality specifically addresses your interest in Bluebeam and this role and describes in your own words how you believe Account Executives can effectively build strong relationships with customers.
This is a salary + incentive-based compensation role