Bluebeam is looking to expand our team and bring on board a Senior Database Administrator. As part of this role, your main responsibilities will be optimization of our SQL deployments, managing the release process with respect to database changes and providing support to other teams as our resident SQL server expert. You will yourself, and through the mentorship of others, help design, develop, troubleshoot, and implement performance enhancements across all SQL server databases and related systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Use and share your extensive knowledge of database: design, development, performance tuning, sharding, distributed architectures, security, etc.
- Design and manage scalable, maintainable, high availability database solutions that align with future data needs.
- Provide support and technical expertise including schema and query design to development, QA and other teams.
- Recommend solutions for SQL Server performance monitoring and tuning.
- Being available outside of normal business hours to help resolve database related system outages.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server supporting high traffic websites and SaaS applications.
- Automation experience using tools like PowerShell, Visual Studio Database Projects, and SSDT to create and manage environments and deployments.
- Experience with the implementation and support of SQL Server replication, AlwaysOn and Failover Clustering.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for ORMs like Entity Framework.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, and indexing and statistics.
- Experience running SQL Server in virtualized environments and with DaaS offerings (private cloud, AWS, Azure).
- Solid understanding of backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and document orientated database platforms such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Cassandra, and BigTable is a huge plus.
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to put in extra time as needed.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Want to see what you might be working on?
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.