Everything that we do at Bluebeam is in an effort to create value for our customers as we serve them, partner with them and innovate on their behalf to move their work forward.
At Bluebeam, we hire for both competency and character. We are committed to hiring employees with the ability to achieve superior results while approaching their work ethically using a team-based approach.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to company-wide results which create value for our customers rather than focusing on their own desires for power or career advancement. This means that every employee needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves, no matter the task, to ensure the company (not just a department or individual) accomplishes its goals.
We also believe that all employees are leaders, whether they proactively lead themselves through their daily activities, or lead a team.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Know how to give and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s company-wide results
Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
What We Are Looking For:
If you are an experienced global finance leader that has a desire to make a daily impact on a company’s operations and strategic decision-making while being part of an incredibly committed and customer-focused team in a fast-growing company, Bluebeam may be the company for you.
- Strategic global finance business partner to the CEO and the leadership team, focused on the creation of value and optimization of performance, as well as the management of costs and risks
- Oversees all global Finance and Accounting functions, including the company's strategic planning and budgeting processes, cash management, credit and collections, billing, inventory management, fixed assets, accounts payable, payroll, tax, compliance, controls, treasury and risk management
- Deeply understands each function within Bluebeam’s operations, actively helping to shape corporate strategy and direction while ensuring every department and the company as a whole understands what drives performance
- Communicates simply and effectively with multiple internal and external audiences, telling clear and coherent stories using analytics and reporting to ensure a clear view into the company’s vision, goals, and progress
- Productively collaborates and communicates with The Nemetschek Group (Bluebeam’s parent company), including the ability to translate perspectives, goals and critical information back-and-forth between Bluebeam and Nemetschek
- Translates business strategy into finance strategies, including specific, time-bound plans to execute upon these strategies
- Responsible for preparation of internal and external financial statements, including global consolidated statements in constant currency as well as in reporting currency
- Creates a “culture of analytical decision-making” throughout the company by turning data into insights through effective managerial accounting, including business model analyses, cost structure analyses, financial modeling and internal management reporting for decision-making
- Ability to lead finance and accounting team with a customer-focus in all things, inspiring each employee as to how each of their roles impacts the company and its customers
- 15+ years of experience in global corporate finance and accounting organizations with operations in multiple countries and across multiple channels (software and hardware experience ideal)
- Experience in global expansion efforts, including setting up international direct offices as well as expanding distribution through various channel types
- Extremely strong background in global FP&A, including a history of developing precise and accurate forecasting methodologies and instilling continual improvement of forecast accuracy throughout an organization
- Has experience with M&A, notably in evaluating and/or executing acquisitions
- Ability to “zoom in” and “zoom out”, rolling up their sleeves and getting deep into the details while still being able to maintain a view of the big picture and summarize information for executive level communications
- Experience in building new processes, policies and procedures from scratch in order to prepare the company to scale and grow globally
- Background in leadership of ERP and related system conversions and updates
- Career experience in companies in various stages of the business lifecycle (start-up, rapid growth, maturity, decline, rebirth)
- Ability to analyze, compose and defend accounting positions with auditors (background with software revenue recognition issues ideal)
- Keen ability to recruit, hire, manage and develop finance and accounting talent
- Significant experience in continual improvement of core accounting functions and processes (such as shortening cycles in month-end close, audits, etc.)
- Has familiarity with IFRS (Bluebeam is owned by a publicly-traded company in Germany and report financials using IFRS)
- Ability to maintain composure while adapting to different cultures and approaches, rather than disrupt or force “one size fits all” thinking upon others
- Can train and educate executive staff (and others) on accounting and finance-related topics, converting technical details into pragmatic principles that can be easily understood and implemented
- Extremely detail-oriented, producing the highest quality of work with a history of near-zero errors
- Has the appropriate educational background, including a degree in Finance/Accounting (CPA, CGMA, CMA and/or MBA preferred)