Bluebeam is a vibrant and innovative company known for its outstanding culture (seen this video yet?). The Accounting team reflects that same culture with some subtle differences; they ARE accountants after all…so naturally, they know how to make things count. We are currently seeking a dedicated Assistant Controller to join our growing Accounting and Finance Team.
About the ROLE:
The Assistant Controller will help manage the Accounting department, and is an excellent opportunity for someone eager to take the next step in their career to roll up their sleeves and lead projects. This person will have a great responsibility to influence, create process, define controls and introduce systems. This position requires an agile and process driven individual looking to build and improve upon existing accounting processes and work within a dynamic and rapidly growing company. In this role, you will:
- Oversee and guide the activities of the Accounting Team to ensure adherence to proper IFRS and internal controls
- Analyze and review month-end close for accuracy and timeliness
- Oversee all compliance activities and filings (sales and use tax filings, income tax, internal controls, SALT)
- Review account reconciliations, journal entries, prepare variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of quarterly and annual financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
- Constantly drive improvements to processes through automation
- Take initiative to provide management support, assistance and guidance
- Use independent judgement to solve routine problems and makes recommendations on complex issues.
- B.S. Accounting; CPA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with 3+ years management experience
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Advanced understanding of MS Excel, which includes VLOOKUP, index, pivots and more
- NetSuite experience HIGHLY valuable
- Effective communication and operations skills
- Detail-oriented nature
- High level of motivation and initiative with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work in an efficient manner
Tell us about yourself
- Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position. No matter the department, strong communication skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/