Bluebeam’s Account Development team is looking for an Account Specialist who is inspired, energetic, and super psyched to reach out to potential new strategic customers and tell them all about the amazing design and construction technology and services we provide.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to be interested in the way that people use software to improve their daily work. And you have to ask the right questions to find out. You need to enthusiastically engage people who are brand new to what we do at Bluebeam, and help them learn about the life-changing tools and services we provide.
So what exactly is it that Bluebeam provides?
Bluebeam makes amazing markup and collaboration tools for architects, engineers, construction managers, building owners and facilities folks, manufacturing and automotive professionals, and many others. The tools we make have made project and building management much easier for the people engaged in those tasks, and have created more efficient workflows that allow people to work better together with less wasted time, money and paper.
Our Account Services team is dedicated to providing first-class service to our customers. Employing a consultative approach to customer service and account management, here are some key responsibilities you’ll have:
- Engage new customers and drive sales in the North East & Great Lakes regions using your winning personality, strong communication skills, and one of the best software tools in the marketplace.
- Make contact with new strategic target companies via phone and email. Leads and inquiries are generated through trial downloads, trade show leads, and web marketing programs, so there is NO COLD CALLING.
- Match customer needs to the solutions our technology and services provide. Develop a comprehensive understanding of Bluebeam’s software and services to ensure we properly meet those needs.
- Prospect, develop opportunities, prepare appropriate documentation and close sales.
- Maintain detailed records of calls and information requests in CRM.
- Issue quotes and process orders.
- Engage in process improvement: identify internal and external needs and challenges, and discover and help to implement better approaches, tools, etc.
Now, about the skills and traits that you should have developed before you apply:
- At least 3 years of sales experience and/or experience working in Construction, Architecture, Manufacturing, or Engineering
- Sales Experience in a in technical field (hardware/software) is a HUGE plus
- You need to be well organized, detail oriented and capable of prioritizing numerous tasks. Walk, chew gum, and talk software.
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. We will ask you to do lots of listening, but eventually you’ll need to reply.
- You must be a self-starter and be comfortable with ambiguity. Huh?
- You must demonstrate emotional maturity and sound judgment. Tantrums are discouraged.
- You must have a helpful personality and like to solve customer business problems. Trust me; we’ll know if you’re faking it.
- You must be comfortable learning new technology. I mean, this is a software company after all.
- Please tell us that you have strong computer skills. This is the 21stWe don’t want to teach you Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
- We’ll be really impressed if you tell us that you have worked with AutoCAD, Visio, MicroStation, SharePoint and/or Revu.
- Comfortable with 15% of time travelling – domestic travel only; most of this job will be done from our brand new Boston office, but there will be some travel required (key customer visits, onsite demos, and a handful of tradeshows)
This is a salary-based position (non-commission).
If you think you are good match for the Bluebeam team, along with your resume please send us the following:
- A *personalized* Cover Letter. Tell us why you’d be a great asset as one of the first employees at a new Boston office in an established, fast growing company. Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us.
- Describe in your own words how Account Specialists can effectively build strong relationships with new strategic customers.
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.