We make software for people who build things for a living: hospitals, schools, bridges and everything in between. From the design studio to the construction site, our unique, industry-leading product suite has grown to become the trusted, common interface between Architects, Engineers, and Contractors (aka, the “AEC”).
Our flagship product, Bluebeam Revu, enables Designers and Builders to easily navigate complex sets of project drawings and docs while offering best-in-class feature-sets for creating, editing, annotating, and sketching on top of all this rich project content.
About the ROLE:
We are looking for Product Managers to work with and between every department to take what is already an indispensable and well-loved AEC application supported by an increasingly powerful array of Bluebeam cloud services to the next level. You’ll also enjoy generous, continual end-user feedback, with regular opportunities to observe and collaborate directly with customers of all skill levels.
- You’re capable of succeeding in a variety of roles, but you know the Product Team is your best fit. You just have to be involved in creating/shaping products headed to market, because it’s what drives you.
- You place a high importance on positive team dynamics. You are skilled and comfortable at leading cross-functional teams and experienced at developing your own product team members.
- You’re a prioritization expert: from daily task management to product roadmap discussions, you can align any effort with a clear articulation of what is (and is not) most important.
- You can communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, adjusting your approach as needed.
- You’re comfortable making, and living with, difficult business decisions.
- You see customer satisfaction not as an end goal, but as the first step towards a product that truly delights end users.
More about YOU:
- 5+ years of experience in software product development initiatives, preferably in a Product Manager, Product Owner, or Product Designer role.
- 2+ years of experience directly managing others
- Demonstrable experience and aptitude for articulating product functional requirements to Engineers. User stories and/or functional specifications you’ve created will be requested as part of your interview experience.
- At least one shipped product to your name, preferably a product you led from concept to completion.
- Demonstrable experience articulating product UX via wireframing and/or whiteboarding. Samples of your work will be requested as part of your interview.
- A Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science / Engineering a plus.
- Ability to honestly assess and articulate your strengths and weaknesses, and what you do and don’t yet know.
- … And there is no escaping the basics: flexible, likeable, well-presented, excellent written/verbal skills, and able to work well with others and/or with ambiguity…
- Familiarity with contemporary agile development methodologies is strongly preferred.
Bonus Points For:
- Professional experience in the Architecture, Construction or associated Engineering fields is always desirable, but is not essential to succeed in this role
- Experience in development initiatives for productivity software
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/