At Bluebeam, we empower people to promote the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
About the role:
Bluebeam is looking for a Senior Cloud Database Engineer to join our team. You’ll help us better our software engineering practice. You will help develop solutions, and allow our engineering team to build our next generation of cloud native applications.
What you'll do:
- Develop database-centric automation frameworks, utilizing infrastructure as code, CD pipelines, and robust tooling that will be consumed by the entire engineering organization,
- Review database and infrastructure components for automation opportunities, eliminating manual toil as you support our new cloud platform initiatives,
- Identify roadblocks and inefficiencies in current database implementations, and work with teams to plan and remediate improvements,
- Support, mentor and collaborate with Engineering and DevOps team members,
- Contribute to larger scope architectural discussions to identify preferred solutions for our unified cloud platform. This will involve timely decision-making, time estimation and extensive analysis,
- Support legacy technologies and be a driving force in migrating them to new cloud native solutions as necessary,
- Improve existing incident response to ensure that database services continue to perform well for customer applications,
- Participate in an on call SME rotation to support production databases and connected infrastructure
What we'd like to see in you:
- 5+ years of experience with a variety of cloud-native database solutions, such as Aurora, Cassandra, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, PostgreSQL, and Elasticache
- Experience with MS SQL DBA and TSQL
- Experience with Big Data challenges and solutions, such as AWS Redshift.
- Familiarity with data lake best practices and implementation to improve internal team and customer facing analytics,
- Automation experience using scripting tools like Python and Powershell, in addition to template approaches like CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Experience with planning, implementing and supporting highly scalable, highly secure database and cloud platform solutions,
- Extensive knowledge of database security best practices and data residency requirements.
- Experience with the AWS console and CLI tools,
- Comfortable with a DevOps mindset; i.e. database solutions should be implemented with a focus on source control, automation, and disaster recovery. Snowflake database instances should make you angry.
What We Offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity – Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- You will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.