At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
Our purpose is clear: Together, we’re building a better life for those who build our world.
As a Product Design Researcher at Bluebeam, you’ll join the Product Design & Research team to support our latest and greatest cloud and SaaS based product offerings. You’ll help to define the overall user experience end-to-end by conducting qualitative and quantitative research throughout product development lifecycles.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
What you’ll do:
- Research study coordination and logistical aspects, as well as supporting the optimization and streamlining of user research processes.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts during discovery in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other Researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Conduct evaluative research to provide feedback on concepts, designs, and the end-to-end user experience.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through interviews, lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, A/B testing and more.
- Generate insights and sharing findings and recommendations to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
- Contribute to our research roadmap and help align cross-functional teams around a shared vision for Product at Bluebeam.
- Act as a champion for research, good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective research tools for collaborative work.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative methods, which may include interviews, contextual inquiry, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies.
- Experience working with a wide range of prototyping tools including Principle, Figma, Axure, InVision, etc.
- A proven approach to Design Thinking methods, co-design sessions, and facilitation skills.
- The ability to clearly present and articulate research findings.
- Are self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Have a natural ability to build strong relationships -- with your teammates, your manager as well as with various cross functional team members.
- Comfortable working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Possess effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Egoless, self-starting, team player.
What we’d LOVE to see in you:
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
To apply, please send the following:
- A link to your portfolio or an example of a research initiative with deliverable
What We Offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity - Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- You will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.