At Bluebeam, we take a customer-focused approach in all we do and we believe in building the best solutions together - with our customers, partners and employees - to build a better life for those who build our world. Bluebeam is a highly collaborative environment where our employees are encouraged to blaze new trails with thoughtful ingenuity, to never shy away from challenges, to work hard and have fun doing it.
The Marketing Events Manager will be responsible for developing, producing, and overseeing Bluebeam’s customer-facing domestic event strategy and programs to increase brand awareness, accelerate product adoption, nurture customer relationships and drive revenue growth in North America. Our ideal candidate has a deep passion for events and leading cross-functional teams. They are detail-oriented self-starters and have a proven track record of building and executing events of all sizes, from executive meetings to large-scale in-person and virtual events.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
As Bluebeam’s Marketing Events Manager you will:
- Set the strategic vision for the North America Event Marketing team by developing annual and multi-year event plans that align to Marketing and company business objectives.
- Own the end-to-end planning and execution of Bluebeam’s annual user conference (XCON).
- Secure the right mix of industry events, tradeshows, event sponsorships and training events in partnership with Enterprise Sales, Global Services and Marketing teams.
- Define, track, and measure the success and growth of Event Marketing programs, including pre, on-site and post-event lead follow-up.
- Advise on International Marketing, Product Management, and Direct and Channel Sales customer-facing events, as well as lead and support execution of special events as needed.
- Ensure that all Marketing events elevate Bluebeam’s brand and deliver the highest quality customer-centric experience.
- Create and manage event budgets and oversee allocation/reallocation of funds across team initiatives and events.
- Develop and/or improve team processes and systems that efficiently and effectively ensure team progress to reach goals.
- Support team member’s day-to-day execution of initiatives through regular communication, feedback and coaching.
- Foster positive cross-team collaboration within the Marketing team, as well as with key departments that depend on or support event initiatives including but not limited to North American Enterprise Sales, Global Services, Channels Sales and Product Management.
What we’d like to see in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or relevant field.
- 6-8+ years of professional event management and production experience. Bonus points for experience working with or for a B2B technology company.
- 3+ years of experience managing and developing a high-performing team.
- Passion for events and ability to generate excitement for team initiatives across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience delivering both live and virtual event programs that align to the customer journey and company and sales goals.
- Ability to create and manage complex annual and project-based budgets.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively take a project from ideation through execution, including managing timeline, resources, expectations, deliverables, etc.
- Wealth of event production experience, including but not limited to working with AV teams, in-house creative or external agencies.
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and passionate about learning and adopting new technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate concepts and details across internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle competing priorities.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm and respectful under pressure.
- Listens and responds constructively to other team members ideas, offers support and engages in conflict with professional maturity.
- Prioritizes self-learning and continual professional development.
And this will really make you stand out from the crowd, but isn’t a deal breaker:
- Experience with virtual event technology (On24, Cvent)
- Event (CMP, CSEP) or project management (PMP) certification
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, an example of an event you are most proud of - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.