At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
Our purpose is clear: Together, we’re building a better life for those who build our world.
As a Product Designer at Bluebeam, you’ll join the Product Design & Research team to support our latest and greatest cloud and SaaS based product offerings. You’ll help to define the overall user experience end-to-end from conducting research into the problem space through to designing the micro interactions that bring the products to life. You’ll tackle complex, multifaceted customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for our customers around the globe.
This role will collaborate closely with, and be supported by, other Product Designers who are working within the same space, but you’ll also work with Designers supporting on our wider Bluebeam portfolio of products including Revu, our flagship product used by more than 2 million users worldwide.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed UI designs and related design assets for products. This includes low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management in an Agile and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- In collaboration with our Design Research team, undertake user research and testing with our customers/users and respond to their feedback through design iterations.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts during discovery in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Tell the story of the customer/user, their jobs-to-be-done and create internal consensus around user outcomes.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work
What we’d like to see in you:
- 3 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive web and native mobile apps and a portfolio showing your processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience designing for user interfaces and workflows and in developing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX and design.
- Experience creating designs and prototypes of different levels of fidelity using tools like Sketch, Adobe Suite, Zepplin, Axure, Invision, Marvel etc.
- An appreciation of user psychology and an understanding of how language and design resonate with users.
- A proven approach to mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- The ability to clearly present and articulate design decisions, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback into the next iteration.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships -- with your teammates, your manager as well as with various cross functional team members.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience contributing to and consuming component-based design systems.
- Highly organized and detail-obsessed.
- Egoless, self-starting, team player.
What we’d LOVE to see in you:
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
- Experience working on SaaS products in a design agency, start up or digital product company.
What We Offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity - Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- You will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, the Product Design role as described.)
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.