At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
We are looking to expand our team and bring onboard a Senior Data Systems Architect. As part of this role your main responsibilities will be working closely with our engineering teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each product. The Data Architect will be responsible for constantly monitoring all our databases and immediately addressing database issues and problems.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
- Create and execute enterprise data management plans
- Develop database designs and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams
- Define data architecture at the enterprise level
- Ability to perform complex data modeling and analytics
- Experience in tuning large-scale high-performance database systems in the petabyte range
- Familiarity with various replication / syncing strategies for cloud-based data storage systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve application and database compatibility level issues.
- Provide support for mission-critical production database environments, servers and databases.
- Plan, design, build and support high availability and disaster recovery SQL server environments using Failover Clustering, AlwaysOn, Replication, Mirroring and Log shipping.
- Design, implement, and support database backup and recovery strategies.
- Tune poor performing database queries.
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot and resolve database and database servers’ performance issues.
- Manage database deadlocks, locks, blockings, transactions and data partitions.
- Write SQL scripts, stored procedures and functions for various workflows and processes.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for database environments. Document various processes, design configurations and operational information.
- Implement and manage mission-critical projects in tight timeframes - such as data encryption, data partitioning and database upgrades.
- Plan, design, implement and monitor user and security management strategies, including authentication, authorization, SSL, user proxy, and transparent data encryption.
- Develop, deploy and manage data warehouse and business intelligence solutions including, OLAP cubes, RDL reports, and SSIS/ETL packages.
- Be available outside of normal business hours as second tier DevOps support as needed to help resolve database related system outages.
Skills & Competencies:
- Cloud Solutions including Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS)
- Production SQL Servers and databases support for high traffic websites and SaaS applications
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Database design, data modeling, normalization and denormalization
- Query performance tuning, statistics and index management
- OLTP systems design, implementation and support
- OLAP/Data Warehouse systems design, implementation and support (including OLAP cubes)
- Database and database server performance tuning
- Database security management (authentication, authorization, SSL, user proxy, and transparent data encryption)
- SSIS packages and SSRS reports design, build, implementation and support
- Change management process (ITSM)
- Database capacity planning, storage (I/O) subsystems and RAID configuration
- CI/CD pipeline (AWS CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Amazon Redshift
- Aurora PostgresSQL
- Experience working in a fast-pace environment and ability to multi-tasks
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics
- AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Azure Cloud Computing
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon DocumentDB/MongoDB
- Elk Stack
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.