At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected, safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere
As the Localization Editor at Bluebeam, you will define and deliver the voice, tone, and style of local content for department such as marketing, sales, and training in close partnership with the Localization Project Manager, Writers and in-country stakeholders.
You will be training in-country reviewers, native writers and translators to adapt to the preferred style, tone and voice in the target language. You will be responsible for ensuring that our content is of the highest quality possible. You will represent Localization in cross-departmental meetings and give input on how to write with localization in mind.
Excited? Come join a great team and help us to think local and scale global!
Here is what you will be doing if you join the team
- Prep all content before it gets sent to the Localization Project Manager
- Complete any necessary post edits after localization is completed before delivering it back to the person who requested the asset
- Proofread/edit all assets before it goes through the Localization process to ensure a smooth process
- Maintain factual accuracy, brand accuracy, and impeccable grammatical standards
- Keeping tabs on the copy-editing progress and communicating with the Localization Project Manager if issues arise
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and slang
- Adapt text to suit the needs of various audiences
- Review videos post localization
- Collaborate with editors, writers along with various other department members to achieve consistency
Voice, tone and style
- Provide feedback to vendors so they learn the style, tone and voice of Bluebeam
- Review and update content terminology in conjunction with vendors
- Assist the team in deciding new style rules
- Create and update various localization documents, including style guides, voice and tone, guidelines, etc.
- Guide the style direction of projects by initiating style discussions with the project manager and the writer of the source copy
- Represent Localization in meetings where English source copy is discussed and propose style, tone and voice to avoid transcreation when possible in order to make the localization process easier/faster for the Localization Project Manager
Glossaries and translation memories
- Build out and make sure the glossaries are up-to-date and relevant, both in terms of the industry terms and of language quality
- Maintain and own the translation memory
- Ensure consistency in terminology across assets and departments
- Collaborate closely with regional stakeholders to reflect their requirements throughout all localized assets and departments
- Identify and recommend priority content types and projects for each region based on feedback from regional stakeholders
- Assist Localization Project Manager with emergency localization projects as needed
- Assist Localization Project Manager with large long-term projects as needed
- Perform localization QA
- Research and resolve language issues
- Resolve localization bugs and respond to translators/vendors/in-country reviewers in a timely manner
- Set quality standards and goals for all content
- Ensure all content meets our internal/external quality goals
What will you need to be successful in this role
- 2+ years of experience with Translation, Editing, and/or Proofreading
- Native-speaker level in language of expertise and fluency in English
- Native-speaker level understanding of a second language
- Excellent grammar skills
- Passion for localization
- It is also very important that you enjoy and are efficient at working with remote teams across different time zones.
- The position is for the time being remote,but it will be based out of Pasadena, CA when we return to work in the office.
If you think we just described you, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and specific interest in this role and Bluebeam
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.