At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
Are you an experienced Instructional Designer looking for new challenges? Do you have exceptional project management abilities? Are you hoping to further develop your leadership abilities? This is a highly versatile leadership role, in which you will manage and mentor another Instructional Designer, in addition to managing the development of high-quality coursework for our customers. Be a central part of developing and expanding the scope of the offerings across Bluebeam Global Services, from e-Learning modules to webinars to certification programs to on-site, live classroom instruction. With nearly two million users across the globe, our wide variety of offerings need to meet our customers where they are at, so we can guide, encourage and inspire users of all backgrounds and types to grow, succeed and innovate.
As an Instructional Design Lead, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct detailed needs analysis, learner analysis, and performance gap analysis to drive innovations for our global services team.
- Being a strategic partner to our e-Learning, Instructor-Led Training and Consulting teams by collaborating on learning opportunities.
- Take big complex ideas and design learning content and experiences that are credible, engaging, relevant and accessible.
- Plan, develop and maintain project documentation such as course outlines, instructor guides, student manuals, presentation slides, etc.
- Create training evaluations and/or knowledge and performance assessments for all training deliverables
- Identify technical and communication requirements for all new training programs during pilot and implementation
- Use data to demonstrate the impact of training programs, on both user impact and business impact.
- Effectively manage and provide hands-on guidance for our current instructional designer
- Partner with internal clients and subject matter experts to schedule and coordinate course material design and development discussions
- Apply project management standards that keep your team on task, and keep outside teams informed.
- Exceptional communication aimed at achieving clarity and understanding.
- Being an avid learner and staying up to speed on the newest trends in customer education to serve as champion for new learning approaches, technology and measurement tools to ensure we provide a best-in-class educational experience for our users
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of instructional design experience, including creating video and print training materials
- 1+ years of people management
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Expertise in applying learning theory to develop instructional design strategies
- Knowledge and application of best practices using technology for teaching and learning, including but not limited to, multimedia development, learning management systems, web conferencing tools, etc.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office, Skilljar, Zoom, GoToWebinar, etc.
- Advanced user of Camtasia, Storyline and Adobe Creative suite.
- Ability to perform well under pressure while maintain a positive attitude and building effective client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with and influence at all levels
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines effectively
- A growth-oriented mindset when faced with challenges and addressing roadblocks
- A stellar work ethic and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- A positive attitude and relentless focus on providing an excellent experience for all learners
- A pragmatic, open-minded approach to new ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
And these will really make you stand out from the crowd, but aren't a deal breaker:
- Experience producing training materials for technical software training
- Experience in the architectural, engineering, or construction industry
- Experience producing/adapting training materials for an international audience
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Instructional Design portfolio or work sample
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.