If you’ve been looking for a dynamic Product Marketing leadership role that combines your proven abilities in B2B Go-to-market strategy with your strong communication and positioning skills, take a minute to check this out because frankly, it’s an awesome job where you’ll be able to drive high impact initiatives across the company.
At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
Within the Product team at Bluebeam, Product Marketing represents the voice of the customer both internally and externally and leads collaboratively across functions to tie together Product, Marketing and Sales. Product Marketing is responsible for driving comprehensive go-to-market strategies, positioning and messaging across all markets, industries, customer segments and sales channels.
As a Director, you are expected to make strategic, often company-wide plans, which means you’ll need to: understand and analyze the company’s business situation, make plans to address it, build consensus, get approval for these plans, and work with their organization and the rest of the company to execute them.
Key Areas of Impact
- Lead global GTM strategy – create product launch plans and oversee cross-functional implementation across the organization
- Create diﬀerentiated product messaging and positioning for all of Bluebeam's products, and services
- Drive customer and market research initiatives that inform global product portfolio strategy
- Provide thought leadership through demonstrated knowledge of the industry, target market, and customer insights
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure products and objectives align with the target market
- Partner with Product Management to package product oﬀerings that can be successfully monetized and brought to market
As Bluebeam’s Director, Product Marketing you will:
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and Sales teams to align efforts and effectively position and message our portfolio of products by demonstrating unique value propositions to our customer segments across US and global markets
- Be the voice of the customer within the organization and expert on target market and customer segments
- Recruit, build and manage a team of direct reports
- Collaborate closely within the Product team to intimately understand the vision and business objectives for our products
- Drive Marketing product launch strategies and plans for new and existing products
- Identify opportunities to accelerate product adoption and usage
- Provide guidance to the Content team tasked with copy-writing assets and the Creative team designing assets. Work with cross-departmental stakeholders
- Build on existing buyer and user personas and champion the use of these personas across the organization
- Build out and manage a repository for industry research, customer insights, transaction win/loss analysis and competitive analysis/playbook and establish communication plans to effectively socialize across the organization
- Help drive market and competitive research initiatives including the ability to identify RFP, recommend, and manage agency resources
- Provide strategic guidance and collaborate with Marketing teams on development and execution of marketing plans
- Serve as a stakeholder in determining product portfolio licensing, pricing and packaging strategies
- Track and report quantifiable results on an ongoing basis
The skills and experience of the ideal candidate:
- 7-10+ years product marketing experience, with at least 3 years in a people manager role
- 5+ years experience specifically working in B2B technology markets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excels at working cross-functionally, aligning multiple stakeholders and teams across organizations
- Strategic thinker who can reduce broad strategies into well-defined Product Marketing plans
- Analytical and data-driven
- Ability to understand and connect technical details to meaningful customer value
- Self-starter who has experience leading product marketing teams in a high growth environment
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. MBA strongly preferred
- Occasional travel will be required
If you think we just described you, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and specific interest in this role and Bluebeam
- Example of a GTM strategy that was spearheaded by you – please include specifics about your role, the team, and the outcomes you achieved
- A few examples of your writing: messaging/ positioning, unique value propositions, etc.
This role is based at our Pasadena, CA headquarters.
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.