At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Performance Test Engineer who is passionate about delivering a high-quality customer experience for our product solutions. You should have a solid technology background and in-depth knowledge of software design principles, validating software performance, how software products work and how they interact with each other. You should also have a strong understanding of how to validate software performance under load.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
- You love digging deep to find the needle in the haystack
- You have a thirst to understand how systems are wired together
- You are not satisfied with “good enough”
- You are not happy sitting on the sideline, you need to be in the game
- Be a Performance Quality Champion and engage with software development and product management teams
- Design, configure and run performance tests
- Identify and analyze bottlenecks throughout the entire stack
- Diagnose, track and manage performance issues to resolution
- Identifying project risks and making recommendations to minimize risks related to performance bottlenecks; ability to anticipate problems.
- Be a performance expert who understands how features should work in various loads and scale situations and the impact on the rest of the system.
- Participate and represent performance and scaling needs in product and feature design with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years in testing and quality engineering with 5+ years of performance, scalability testing and performance tools
- Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and provide a root cause analysis
- Experience in performance testing large scale distributed systems/ Microservices architecture
- Knowledge and experience in the use of JMeter and Groovy scripting
- Knowledge and experience in working on CI/ CD Platforms
- Experience with cloud-based application scalability, stress & concurrency testing tools
- Experienced and well-versed with scalability issues across SQL/ NoSQL databases
- Experience with both Linux/ Windows Server Backend
- Experience in testing Web Applications based on REST
- Experience in cross team communication and working with multiple teams ranging from DevOps, product managers to technical leads and developers
- Strong skills in backend development languages, C#/Java experience in an enterprise software production environment and/or cloud SaaS / PaaS preferred
- Proven experience with development and maintenance of performance tests in large-scale multi-tenant web applications
- Knowledge and experience working with Cloud computing services and frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in using Visualization Tools to create dashboards for performance analysis
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience/ Knowledge of the following languages/ frameworks/ tools/ providers. (JMeter, C#, Python, Golang, React, Graphql, Prometheus, AWS Services like Kinesis/ S3, AppDynamics and Cloudwatch Metrics, Kibana, Grafana, ELK, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience in analyzing SQL Server, MongoDB and DocumentDB performance related issues – i.e. query plan analysis
- Experience in Docker Containers, Kubernetes
- Experience with one or more Performance Testing tools, such as: JMeter with plugins, Blazemeter, K6, Taurus, Tsung, Locust, Gatling
- Experience with large scale Chat systems
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- A Cover Letter reflecting your interest in this role and Bluebeam
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying job sites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.