At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
Bluebeam has an incredible technical services team and awesome customers who LOVE us!
If you love solving problems and want to take your technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills to the next level, we'd love to train you to be a part of our high-performing team as our entry level Sr. Technical Support Specialist. This is a fun, fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity for growth and development.
About the ROLE:
You’ll be on the front lines assisting customers with Bluebeam products, both in how to use the software as well as troubleshooting technical issues. We are not a call center! We want our customers to recognize that another intelligent person is on the other end of the phone or email working to understand their workflow and helping them utilize our tools to do what they do better and more efficiently.
More about the ROLE:
- Serve as a senior member of our front-line team by taking on the more difficult cases, acting as an escalation resource for junior and mid-level members of the support team.
- Understand and apply troubleshooting best practices
- Be an example/mentor in successfully applying Tech Support Best Practices for call and case management; coaching others in applying these to be successful in their role.
- Deeply involved with the pulse/needs of their local team; aware of what they are doing/working on/concerned about, regularly communicating this back to management.
- Familiar with how to escalate issues and get answers. The process, the people, the information to have/include.
- Thinks bigger picture, strategically and uses this in decision making. (i.e. understands "why" behind support policy)
- Able to effectively set and manage expectations (internally & externally)
- Logs good bugs. Clear descriptions, steps to reproduce, scope/impact/priority, workflow/pain points.
- Monitor team chats to ensure questions don't go unanswered, extract knowledge for documentation (Wiki, whatever)
- Monitor phone system for voice mails and assign out as needed
- Contribute regularly to internal and external support documentation by suggesting articles/topics, writing articles and/or reviewing new and existing articles for accuracy
- Assist with day to day queue management and coverage needs when managers are unavailable
- Participate in the interview process for new hires as needed
- Customer service skills!! Bluebeam has exceptional standards for customer service, not only for the clients we support, but also for our employees. It is our expectation that the person in this role will like to work with others and will help them solve problems with a positive attitude and helpful spirit.
- 5 years of technical support experience (This is senior level position). While this is not an internal helpdesk role, experience in this area (e.g. Apple Genius Bar or Best Buy's Geek Squad) is an advantage!
- Enjoys mentoring others to help them find as much success with customers as you do
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 10, 8, 7) i.e. installing and uninstalling programs and drivers
- A positive and proactive nature (You follow through on helping customers get the answers they need!)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (We really mean it!)
- A sense of humor (Examples appreciated– let’s see who reads this!)
Bonus Points For:
- A+ or Microsoft IT Certification (i.e. MTA) - While we aren't big on certifications, you should be familiar with this terrain
- Experience with PDF software
- Experience with architectural or structural programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Tekla or SolidWorks
- Experience working within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry
- Experience in iOS and OS X environments
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Please NOTE: This is NOT an internal IT Helpdesk role.
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.