Consider yourself a localization expert, an active collaborator and a multitasker who loves a good challenge? If so, you may be the person we need to join our rapidly expanding technology company as we grow our International Marketing team. We are looking for someone who is strategic, flexible, and action-oriented to manage our localization efforts.
At Bluebeam, we take a customer-focused approach in all we do and we believe in building the best solutions together - with our customers, partners and employees - to improve the way the world is built. Bluebeam is a highly collaborative environment that encourages our employees to blaze new trails with thoughtful ingenuity, to never shy away from challenges, to work hard and have fun doing it.
The Marketing Localization Manager will be responsible for ensuring potential and existing customers across the globe get the highest-quality experience with the Bluebeam brand and products in their local language. You will be managing an Sr. Localization Specialist as well as working with multiple internal teams, our translation vendor and overseeing our team of freelance reviewers to ensure a smooth localization and implementation process for Bluebeam’s content and marketing assets.
To excel in this position, you understand that localization is much more than translation. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment while advocating for the highest standard of quality that meets user expectations. You will be dealing with tight deadlines, managing different and competing priorities. You will take a proactive approach to problem-solving and risk management. You will use sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances while building buy-in across teams along the way. Most importantly, you will have expertise in localization, including CAT tools as well as machine translation, language quality assessments and localization vendor management.
Does this sound like the challenge you’re looking for? Keep reading!
As Bluebeam’s Marketing Localization Manager, you will:
- Drive and own the marketing localization roadmap, processes and tools.
- Define and manage all localization workflows end-to-end.
- Contribute innovative ideas around scalable solutions and workflows.
- Manage the feedback process post translation and improve internal review processes.
- Ensure that terminology and style pre and post localization is relevant and appropriate for the target audience, culture, industry, market maturity and technology adoption.
- Lead and manage the development and maintenance of the terminology database and translation memory database (TM).
- Implement and roll out Localization Style Guide and best practices to internal stakeholders.
- Scrub forums, reseller sites, and other communities to gather feedback regarding localization of industry terms.
- Oversee that the Sr. Localization Specialist deliver projects on time and assist in planning projects by developing timelines and influence deadlines for content releases.
- Track cost per project, country, calculate localization ROI, forecast spend and manage localization budget.
- Manage all aspect of our localization vendor relationship incl. tools: workload, contracts, deadlines, quality, issue resolution and cost negotiation.
- Assist the Sr. Localization Specialist in coordinating efforts with cross-functional teams such as Training Content, Marketing, Support, Legal and Sales Enablement to sync development efforts and localization schedules.
- Establish and ensure high-quality localization standards.
- Represent localization and internationalization perspective during project planning and decision-making.
- Participate in relevant meetings to understand how the assets will be leveraged, give updates on timelines and raise issues when appropriate.
- Evangelize internationalization and localization best practices internally by conducting localization workshops for internal teams.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve processes or efficiency where needed.
The skills and experience of the ideal Localization Manager candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in Localization, Linguistics or Translation Studies
- 5+ years of experience managing localization workflows
- 2+ years of experience as a Localization Manager, Localization Program Manager or Language Manager in a deadline driven role with accountability for delivering projects with multiple components and multiple stakeholders and collaborators
- 1+ year of managing people
- A passion for language and a thorough understanding of localization/internationalization topics
- Experience using CAT tools (e.g., Smartling, Idiom WorldServer, Memsource, or Trados)
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Excellent team player
- Experience working with Localization Service Providers (LSPs) and managing budgets as well as cost
- Knowledge around how to develop and manage terminology databases and translation memories
- Experience managing localization of various content types such as in-product, marketing and legal
- Excellent track record in delivering global products and understanding of localization challenges
- Proven editing and proofreading skills
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.