At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
As a Product Designer at Bluebeam, you’ll join the Product Design & Research team to support a new product initiative. This team is responsible for designing and developing our new and yet to be released cloud-based solution for navigating and managing information on the job site.
As a Design professional, what excites you is designing to solve Customer needs. You’ll have the opportunity to not only define the visual design and user experience, but also the micro interactions that bring these solutions to life. You’ll research and tackle complex customer workflows, validate customer problems and create transformative solutions that are intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use.
This role will be supported directly by the wider Design team as well as a more seasoned Designer and will partner with Product Management and Engineering to solve problems through immersive customer discovery.
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed UI designs and related design assets for products. This includes low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management in an Agile and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Undertake user research and testing with our customers/users and respond to their feedback through design iterations.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts during discovery in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Tell the story of the customer/user, their jobs-to-be-done and create internal consensus around user outcomes.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work.
- Advocate and help to further embed best practice Design methods.
- Play a key role in further developing tools and resources that will help build Design capability across the organization and will aid in educating and empowering teams to adopt new processes, methods and mindsets.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 3 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive desktop and native mobile apps and a portfolio showing your processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience designing for user interfaces and workflows and in developing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX and design.
- Experience creating prototypes of different levels of fidelity using tools like Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure, Invision, Marvel etc.
- An appreciation of user psychology and an understanding of how language and design resonate with users.
- A proven approach to mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- The ability to clearly present and articulate design decisions, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback into the next iteration.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Highly organized and detail-obsessed.
- Egoless, self-starting, team player.
What we’d LOVE to see in you:
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
- Experience working in a design agency.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in a dynamic, growing industry ripe for innovation.
- A fun, collaborative work environment with an opportunity to help shape Bluebeam’s approach to Product Design.
- Plenty of opportunity to try, learn, and try again. We work in a user-centric and iterative fashion. You will have ample opportunity to make a direct impact on our products and customer experiences.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, the Product Design role as described.)
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.