At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
The AECO industry has come to expect that new products for their industry are data silos. When they talk about how they work, they say, “I go here for RFIs, I go there for submittals, etc.” Our promise with Atlas is “we’re not creating another ‘data silo’” – as so many of our customers have come to expect – as a Technical Product Manager at Bluebeam, your job will be to ensure we deliver on that promise as we take Atlas to market. You’ll work with remote and co-located teams to develop a platform of services that connect data from the many siloed construction applications that are used by the AECO industry to build today.
You’ll have access to an engaged customer base, and you’ll enjoy frequent feedback that helps you continuously deliver value. And best of all, your work will land in the hands of over 1 million appreciative users.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the product management effort for key services that make up the Atlas platform (e.g. document management and file processing APIs).
- Balance level of effort and customer impact to create an optimized product roadmap and get your products to market.
- Drive product implementation and define a product roadmap for remote and co-located software engineering teams.
- Formulate and communicate functional requirements and user stories for software engineering teams.
- Define and execute an open-source strategy to make third-party and community-driven integrations with the services your team develops easier.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Leverage metrics and logging to set service-level agreements and performance requirements for the services your team creates.
- Leverage the services you are responsible for to create new business models and enhance existing ones.
- Document and optimize customer journeys with your products and services.
- Note that this role will involve occasional travel to our Pasadena Headquarters where the rest of the Product, Engineering, and Design teams are based.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 1-3 years experience with product development of APIs and internal services.
- An understanding of data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies - Agile and Scrum.
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background.
- Data-driven decision-making (“if you can’t measure it, don’t build it”).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- …And there is no escaping the basics: driven, flexible, likeable, well-presented, and able to work well with cross-functional teams and with ambiguity.
Bonus points for:
- Having transitioned from an engineering background.
- Created and/or contributed to open source software.
- Experience with writing API and product documentation.
- Experience taking a product(s) to market (be it a success or failure).
- Familiarity with design and construction processes or industry
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in a dynamic, growing industry ripe for innovation.
- A fun, collaborative work environment with an opportunity to help shape Bluebeam’s approach to Product Management.
- Plenty of opportunity to try, learn, and try again. We work in a user-centric and iterative fashion. You will have ample opportunity to make a direct impact on our products and customer experiences.
- PLUS engaging New Hire Orientation in sunny Los Angeles and a plethora of fringe benefits to compliment a competitive compensation package.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, the Technical Product Manager role as described.)
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.