At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
As a Product Designer at Bluebeam, you’ll define not only the user experience for our products, and the micro interactions that bring them to life, but also help turn those into working code. You’ll research and tackle complex customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for our customers around the globe.
You’ll have access to an engaged customer base, and you’ll enjoy frequent feedback that helps you continuously deliver value. And best of all, your work will land in the hands of over 1 million appreciative users.
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to discover new and existing problems that Atlas can be best-suited to solve through prototype validation.
- Work with Product and Engineering to take a feature from research with customers to reusable components.
- Design a mobile-first experience in a responsive, hybrid (web and mobile in one) app.
- Stand up for ideas with researched and well-thought perspectives.
- Deliver a consumer-quality, world-class experience to an industry that is ready to evolve beyond spreadsheets and checklists.
What we’d like to see in you:
- Experience in all aspects of the UX Spectrum (from initial designs to validating prototypes).
- Sketch expertise.
- Comfort with leveraging existing design libraries (like Material design) in favor of focusing on UX and interaction design.
- Comfort with ambiguity, we’re a quickly growing team and the ideal candidate sees this as an opportunity to improve upon past processes they have experienced by setting new ones here.
- An understanding that we’re not trying to disrupt UX, rather the AECO industry.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a design agency or early consumer-facing startup.
- A desire to push production code.
- Experience with mapping applications.
- Experience with user journey mapping.
- A passion for world-scale AR/VR (and maybe even plays) Pokemon Go, Ingress, Harry Potter
- If inspired by Uber, Lyft, and other apps that have disrupted industries via the map.
- Understand and/or have been through the construction process (your own house, a friend's, or specific industry experience).
- Understand project management methodologies (especially agile) to help influence our own solution for the AECO industry.
- A BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, and/or interaction design.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in a dynamic, growing industry ripe for innovation.
- A fun, collaborative work environment with an opportunity to help shape Bluebeam’s approach to Product Design and UX Engineering.
- Plenty of opportunity to try, learn, and try again. We work in a user-centric and iterative fashion. You will have ample opportunity to make a direct impact on our products and customer experiences.
- An opportunity to have more influence over not just what gets built, but how it gets built.
- New hire orientation in sunny Los Angeles, CA.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, the Product Design role as described.)
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.4 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.