At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to company-wide results that create value for our customers rather than working for their own desires for power or career advancement. This means that every employee needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves alongside their fellow employees, no matter the task, to ensure the company (not just a department or individual) accomplishes its goals.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s company-wide results
In summary, Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create real value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
What we’re looking for:
Data drives the modern world. It increasingly influences how we understand the world around us as we continue to blend data into our ultimately human experiences. The Strategic Planning & Research team is looking for strong data-oriented individuals who can bring together the analytical and emotional aspects of decision-making to help take Bluebeam to new heights.
The Strategic Planning & Research team is dedicated to driving the strategic planning process and injecting our organization with the data, research, and tools we need to make great decisions. We move Bluebeam forward by championing thoughtful and decisive action through data, insight, and persistence. This position is a complex one and a successful candidate will bring a strong will to succeed, the ability to navigate ambiguity, and a willingness to be the most informed person in the room without having an ego.
What you’ll do:
- Tell the data story about our users, products, markets, and business
- Become an expert on our industry, customers, product, and competitors
- Identify new market trends and move the organization towards meeting those trends through compelling narratives, models, and dashboards
- Collaborate cross-functionally to instrument product and capture key metrics both inside and outside of Bluebeam
- Wrangle data to make it usable and actionable
- Collaborate with teams to help democratize data and raise awareness of data across the organization to help departments on their data driven journey
- Support teams to help them develop analytical practices including the implementation of tools, frameworks, and techniques
What we’d like to see in you:
- 2+ years in a data-intensive role, product management, strategy, or consulting
- Experience with data analysis & visualization tools such as Python, R, SQL, Tableau, and/or Power BI
- Passion about data and ability to create insights from it
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in service of business outcomes
- Ability to move with ease to and from micro and macro perspectives
- Ability to communicate complex and detailed content clearly and persuasively up and down the organization
- Experience with data warehousing a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, Master’s degree or equivalent experience a plus
- …And there is no escaping the basics: flexible, likable, well-presented, and able to work well with cross functional teams and/or with ambiguity
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying job sites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.