At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
We hire people who…
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement and personal growth
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s companywide results
We are currently looking for a Content Localization Coordinator in our Pasadena office to help the International Marketing team continue taking our content global.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Bluebeam?
The Content Localization Coordinator will report to the Marketing Localization Manager and will track the kick off, progress and delivery across multiple content localization workflows and divisions.
The Content Localization Coordinator will work closely with content creators, translators and outside vendors to facilitate timely, trouble-free localization of Bluebeam content and marketing copy. This is a hands-on position for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
How will the new Content Localization Coordinator help Localization at Bluebeam?
The Content Localization Coordinator will be helping all teams that have localization needs with the following activities:
- Manage content localization projects from handover to delivery, through working closely with our localization manager, language specialists, localization vendors, internal reviewers, product management and technical writers
- Receive and process a high daily number of incoming content localization requests from various departments, including Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement and Technical Support
- Work closely with all stakeholders to refine project scope, prep files and determine realistic deadline
- Analyze content localization project risk, and defines mitigation actions of identified risks
- Ensure each content localization request is entered in Smartling and moved onto the next step.
- Monitor the progress of content localization projects in Smartling, making sure they follow the appropriate workflows
- Communicate with linguists throughout the entire project journey, answering questions and clarifying content-related queries
- Work closely with Smartling Project Managers to guarantee the timely completion of all requests
- Under the Localization Manager and Product Localization Team’s supervision, handle QA processes to maintain consistency and accuracy across all localized content
- Review localized internal content assets and report errors and inconsistencies
- Identify Quality concerns and communicate them to vendors, internal reviewers and localization manager
- Assist with data clean up in Smartling, to eliminate outdated and deprecated content/terminology
- Manage Content Swaps in Smartling’s Global Delivery Network (GDN), to verify that customized local content (such as addresses, videos, phone numbers) on Bluebeam.com is updated correctly
- Receive Revu string queries from the QA/Product team in Jira and forwards them to Localization Manager, Product Localization Team and Country Managers for resolution
- Coordinate string changes and update linguistic assets accordingly
- Implement newly approved/updated terminology into the Bluebeam Glossary
- Answers terminology-related queries from vendors and internal teams
- Receive product-related feedback from International Beta testers and communicate it to the appropriate stakeholders within the Product team
- Manipulate HTML content to prepare articles for translation and implements them back into WordPress before publishing
- Align with Product Delivery Manager on target readiness of each content asset for ongoing Initiatives and pro-actively communicate progress and any risks.
- BA/BS degree and 1+ years professional experience
- Awareness of internationalization and localization processes.
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter with track record of juggling and prioritizing multiple projects with minimal guidance
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Self-motivated to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to deal with frequent change and delays
- Excellent communication, and teamwork skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate efficiently, and set priorities and expectations
- Good technical and analytical skills
- Accustomed to working in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment with varying demands
- International experience
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Familiarity with Localization / Translation Management tools and concepts including Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools (SDL Trados Studio, Smartling, or similar), Translation Memory (TM), and glossaries
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Competencies in Project Management tools such as Asana and/or Jira.
- Experience with multimedia or desktop publishing applications (InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator)
How to get started
If you are excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Bluebeam, please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and unique qualifications.
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.4 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.