Bluebeam is looking for a Sr. Engineer, Quality Assurance - Mobile (Android) to join our team in Pasadena!
(Note: Relocation assistance is provided for this role!)
Bluebeam develops PDF creation, markup, editing and collaboration software used by the world’s top architecture, engineering and construction firms as well as government agencies. We have over 1 million users and we are growing fast!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering a high-quality customer experience for our product solutions. You are a technically aware person with a deep understanding of how software products work, how they interact with each other and most importantly how they break! You and the team you work with provide full-stack and back-end solutions. You should have a nice balance of testing both web applications and back-end services, in addition to writing comprehensive automated integration tests.
- Expand User Interface test automation using Appium, Robotium, Ranorex or other similar tools on Android platform.
- Build and maintain test automation frameworks.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test suites using test management tools like TestRail to consistently ensure high-quality releases.
- Ensure Test Cases and Test Data are expanded and updated as new features are implemented.
- Continually expand knowledge of how customers are using the software and use it to further improve test cases and exploratory testing skills.
- Find, isolate, document and track bugs (in JIRA) through resolution.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders from Development, Project Management, Product Management and other QE team members. Proactively seek out and share information with team members.
- Work with DevOps and collaborate with them on bi-weekly release cycles.
- Write and develop Integration, E2E test automation test cases.
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the software development process.
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning, test execution and reporting.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience developing automation strategy for native apps (Android).
- Experience as an automation engineer with focus on creating scalable, reliable automation frameworks.
- Experience in writing and testing an automated testing suite, ideally integrating with a build system like Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience debugging, patching, refactoring and code reviewing existing automated test suites.
- Experience designing and executing comprehensive UI test plans.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Solid exploratory testing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in agile development methodologies and thrives in fast release cycles.
- BS degree (Computer Science, Engineering, or Architecture preferred).
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot network communication issues with debugging tools like Fiddler, Firebug, Wireshark etc.
- Experience in agile development methodologies and thrives in fast release cycles
- Create, execute and troubleshoot SQL queries needed to support backend testing.
- Understanding RESTful APIs.
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- A Cover Letter reflecting your personality and why you are a fit for Bluebeam and this role
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.