At Bluebeam, our purpose is clear: We empower people to advance the way the world is built, proactively innovating and creating long-term value for our industry.
We make software products & services for people who build things for a living: hospitals, schools, bridges and everything in-between. From the design studio to the construction site, our unique, industry-leading product suite has grown to become the trusted, common interface between Architects, Engineers, and Contractors (aka, the “AEC”).
As a Product Owner, you’ll support our Product Management team in guiding the future direction, design and ultimate success of our products. You’ll assist an established, passionate Product Management Team in taking a brand new application called Atlas to market.
The mission of Atlas is to make finding and navigating information on construction sites as easy as searching for a local coffee shop in our daily lives. Atlas, which is currently available via web, iOS and Android, features a map-centric interface where tasks, drone-imagery, schematics, GPS data, and more are aligned by their real-world location.
About the ROLE:
- Participation in daily stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, and owning primary responsibility for backlog grooming and prioritization.
- You’ll create, maintain and manage epics and user stories based on requirements (in Jira).
- Work closely with User Experience Designers, Engineering teams, and Senior Product Managers to ensure that epics and user stories are appropriately defined, the work is organized to agile standards and includes well written acceptance criteria.
- Frequent interaction with key stakeholders to understand business needs and priorities.
- Opportunity to participate in multi-faceted customer research initiatives.
- Work closely with the Senior Product Manager to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI and ensure alignment with the product strategy.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Project Management, Engineering, QA and Operations.
- With guidance from senior team members and in conjunction with the Product Delivery Manager, manage and prioritize projects through the development cycle.
- Key player in the go-to-market plan for brand new product.
- You already know the Product Team is your best fit. You just have to be a part of the team that creates/shapes products headed to market, because it’s what drives you.
- You’re a prioritization expert: from daily task management to team roadmap discussions, you can align any effort with a clear articulation of what is (and is not) most important.
- You place a high importance on positive team dynamics and are comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
- You can communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, adjusting your approach as needed.
- You have experience in defining and documenting product requirements.
- You have strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a strong plus but not required.
More about YOU:
- 2-3 years of experience in software product development initiatives preferred.
- As part of your interview experience, we’ll ask you to present a new feature improvement to an existing product you use, or your process in developing a product or feature you have worked on previously.
- (We highly recommend presenting in a user story format as part of your presentation. For a handy example, take a look here: https://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/agile/user-stories.)
- A Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science / Engineering / Business Administration is a plus.
- Ability to honestly assess and articulate your strengths and weaknesses, and what you do and don’t yet know.
- … And there is no escaping the basics: flexible, likeable, well-presented, excellent written/verbal skills, and able to work well with others and/or with ambiguity…
Bonus Points For:
- Professional experience in the Architecture, Construction or associated Engineering fields is always desirable but is not a key criterion for success in this role.
- Experience in development initiatives for productivity software.
- MBA or experience in a management consulting or strategy consulting role.
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.