At Bluebeam, our purpose is clear: We empower people to advance the way our world is built.
To make the impact on our world that we desire to, we know that people are what matters most. To live our purpose requires building and developing an extraordinary team of people who are committed to the success of each of our customers and to their fellow employees.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to company-wide results that create value for our customers. This means that every employee needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves alongside their fellow employees, no matter the task, to ensure the company (not just a department or individual) accomplishes our goals.
We also believe all employees are to act as leaders, whether they proactively lead themselves through their daily activities, or lead a team. Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create real value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s companywide results
What we’re looking for:
Bluebeam is looking for a Director of Demand Generation who will be responsible for connecting the value of Bluebeam’s brand and solutions to prospects around the world. You will work with Sales, Sales Ops, Marketing Ops and other Marketing teams to build, launch and maintain multi-channel, multi-step inbound and outbound demand gen campaigns designed to grow and streamline new customer acquisition, fill the sales funnel with qualified leads and optimize customer retention. You’ll have the chance to make an immediate impact while paving the way for future initiatives that support Bluebeam's growth around the globe. Interested?
What you’ll do:
- Drive North American acquisition strategy while collaborating to ensure integration across Customer Engagement, Industry Advocacy and Creative teams as well as alignment with International Marketing.
- Build and lead a paid and earned demand generation team of 4
- Ensure sales lead, conversion and retention goals are met by delivering great prospect and customer program experiences with the brand based on deep understanding of the markets, buyers and how to read digital body language.
- Manage domestic agency relationships.
- Consult with International Marketing team and external agencies in support of regional demand gen program growth.
- Manage the lead funnel and envision high impact campaigns that reach our target markets.
- Leverage data to make intelligent, informed recommendations, decisions and forecasts regarding our demand gen strategies and paid investments.
- Work with FSO, Marketing Operations and Marketing leadership to create and maintain lead attribution and data management processes to be used to drive insights and actions.
- Work closely with Marketing Ops and Sales Ops to develop campaign metrics and KPIs as well as collective Sales and Marketing success criteria.
- Effectively communicate and evangelize reporting on demand gen’s success to key stakeholders.
- Create and maintain high-performing relationships between the Sales, Operations and Marketing teams to achieve shared objectives.
What we’d like to see in you:
- You have 10+ years of professional experience with at least 3+ years working in and managing a demand gen, growth marketing or digital marketing team in a B2B enterprise technology environment.
- You are a big picture thinker who is able to quickly understand overall business objectives, create a well-aligned demand gen strategy, and drive execution.
- You have experience with marketing technology and automation tools such as Pardot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, social platforms, etc.
- You thrive on being data-informed and results driven but also recognize the importance of qualitative and contextual inputs for balanced decision-making.
- You understand the processes that drive marketing and sales, and underpin the sales and marketing relationship.
- You pride yourself on earning trust and maintaining confidence with your colleagues.
- You are an effective and persuasive communicator who speaks directly to ensure common understanding and commitment.
- You are eager to apply best-in-class practices but are also open to creatively adapting best practices to preserve Bluebeam’s brand integrity and personality.
- You are able to structure, process and combine qualitative and quantitative data to draw and share insightful conclusions.
- You are genuinely interested in listening, understanding others and bringing out the best in your colleagues.
- You do not let important details slip through the cracks and are willing to go the distance to get the job done.
- You have an exceptional ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a strong track record building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives.
- You have supreme planning, organizing, scheduling and prioritizing skills.
- You see ambiguity as opportunity to positively influence the roadmap of the department and company.
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Effective communication skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status