The construction industry is adopting technology at a feverish pace. These days you won’t just see people carrying large rolls of blueprints on a job site, but also laser scanners, mobile apps and wearables. It's not just people, either. Drones and robots are making to their way to the job site in ever greater numbers.
What you won't see is how all of these new technologies work together.
Bluebeam is on a mission to make the construction site of the future safe, efficient, and connected. We believe the products we’re building will improve the way the architectural, engineering, and construction industries work, and we need your help to bring them to life.
As a Product Designer at Bluebeam, you’ll define not only the visual design and user experience for our products, but also the micro interactions that bring them to life. You’ll research and tackle complex customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for our customers around the globe.
You’ll have access to an engaged customer base, and you’ll enjoy frequent feedback that helps you continuously deliver value. And best of all, your work will land in the hands of over 1 million appreciative users.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Undertake user research and testing with our customers/users and respond to their feedback through design iterations.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management in an Agile and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts during discovery in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Tell the story of the customer/user, their jobs-to-be-done and create internal consensus around user outcomes.
- Create detailed UI designs and related design assets for products. This includes low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work.
- Note that this role will involve occasional travel to our Pasadena Headquarters where the rest of the Product Design & Research team are based.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 3 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive desktop and native mobile apps and a portfolio showing your processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience designing for user interfaces and workflows and in developing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX and design.
- Experience creating prototypes of different levels of fidelity using tools like Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure, Invision, Marvel etc.
- An appreciation of user psychology and an understanding of how language and design resonate with users.
- A proven approach to mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- The ability to clearly present and articulate design decisions, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback into the next iteration.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Highly organized and detail-obsessed.
- Egoless, self-starting, team player.
Bonus points for:
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
- Experience working in a design agency.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in a dynamic, growing industry ripe for innovation.
- A fun, collaborative work environment with an opportunity to help shape Bluebeam’s approach to Product Design.
- Plenty of opportunity to try, learn, and try again. We work in a user-centric and iterative fashion. You will have ample opportunity to make a direct impact on our products and customer experiences.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, the Product Design role as described.)
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.