About the ROLE:
Bluebeam is looking for a highly skilled backend developer with a passion for making great applications. You should have extensive knowledge building RESTful services from the ground up, including the implementation of security and performance best practices. You will have the opportunity to help design, implement, and deploy cutting-edge cloud-based solutions to power our vision of a connected future.
We write the majority of our backend servers in C#. You will be working closely with our core service teams as well as our mobile teams to provide performant, specialized data and functionality for mobile and web clients. Some of the technologies you will be interacting with include .NET Core 2.0, Docker, CloudFormation, Kinesis, SQL databases, RPC, WebSockets, Java/Kotlin, and much more!
About the TEAM:
Want a peek at what you’ll be doing? As part of a cloud development teams charged with taking our flagship product into the future. You will also contribute to our technical roadmap, and help to mentor and share your knowledge with other developers. Working on the Bluebeam Studio Team will give you exposure to a wide array of technologies such as real-time collaboration services, Kinesis data streams, and Complex Algorithms, just to name a few.
Want to see who you might be working with? http://careers.bluebeam.com/culture
What we’d like to see in you:
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying cloud services
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field
- Proven cloud development experience in C# or other OO languages
- Extensive experience providing APIs to web, mobile and/or desktop clients
- Familiarity with RPC or other real-time communication protocols
- Experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions
- Experience using AWS tools or other comparable cloud provider (Azure/Google Cloud)
- Self-motivated, and able to independently implement needed improvements
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment with a team of skilled developers across both mobile and cloud technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we’d like to see in you:
- Experience working with .NET Core 2.0
- Familiarity with docker or other container management a plus
- Linux development experience
- Experience working with nginx, Apache, Kestrel, or IIS
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale distributed systems
- Proficiency with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.