Bluebeam apps and products help people open hospitals faster, build bridges stronger, and keep skyscraper occupants safer. Architects, engineers, and construction professionals spend hours using our products every single day, and it’s up to us to make sure those hours are well spent, productive, and yes, even enjoyable! That’s where you come in.
As a Sr. Visual Designer at Bluebeam, your primary focus will be to lead the design of beautiful, engaging and usable interfaces for our entire suite of Bluebeam products that span web, desktop, mobile and beyond. You’ll work alongside a dedicated team of Product Designers to tackle complex workflows, transforming them into intuitive, human-centered and future-forward experiences for our customers around the globe.
You’ll have access to an engaged customer base, and you’ll enjoy frequent feedback that helps you continuously deliver value and to innovate. And best of all, your work will land in the hands of over 1 million appreciative users.
What you’ll do:
- Create world-class customer experiences that support and reinforce our vision, brand, and established business objectives for our products.
- Create detailed visual designs (low to high fidelity) and prototypes for product UIs and product feature sets.
- Be involved in all phases of creative development with a focus on best-practice design execution.
- Inspire the Design team by producing, leading and integrating effective and efficient design practices.
- Constantly absorb design knowledge, trends and tools to help keep the Design team at the forefront of our field.
- Create and contribute to style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our cross-platform experiences.
- Provide mentorship and direction to more junior team members.
- Champion good visual design and user experience company-wide, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Think at a high level about product strategy and vision – not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and why.
- Although your primary focus will be on visual design, you’ll cross over into interaction design, user research and prototyping.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 5+ years of experience as a lead visual designer and/or art director working in digital product design (web, mobile, desktop experiences).
- BA/BFA degree in design or a related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
- Strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates not only solid design skills but also attention to detail and forward-thinking approaches deeply rooted in design fundamentals (visual design, layout, iconography and typography).
- Superior knowledge of Sketch, the full Adobe suite of products as well as typical prototyping tools and Keynote.
- Experience working with design systems such as Apple’s HCI Guidelines and Google Material Design.
- Strong knowledge of brand as it relates to design and digital.
- Experience working with product management and engineering teams to deliver designs in an Agile, iterative fashion.
- Ability to clearly present and articulate design decisions, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback.
- Team player with refined and assertive leadership skills and ability to positively influence change through strong communication, inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-motivation – you enjoy figuring out how to get the work done and do whatever it takes to execute.
What we’d LOVE to see in you:
- Experience working in a design agency.
- Experience with animation or motion design.
- Designing for AR/VR experiences.
- Illustration/storyboarding skills.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in a dynamic, growing industry ripe for innovation.
- A fun, collaborative work environment with an opportunity to help shape Bluebeam’s approach to Product Design.
- Plenty of opportunity to try, learn, and try again. We work in a user-centric and iterative fashion. You will have ample opportunity to make a direct impact on our products and customer experiences.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, this role as described.)
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/