Are you the kind of person who always wants to know how something works, and takes everything apart to find out why? If so, you could be the Level Two Support Analyst our world-class Technical Services team is looking for. You won’t be the first point of customer contact, but you must be comfortable jumping into an existing conversation to assist our frontline team members with troubleshooting an issue or explaining a process to a customer.
As a Software Support Research Analyst, you will analyze, research and solve technical issues in order to ensure that customer expectations and internal employees' needs are met. You will receive cases from the Level One Support Specialist (frontline) team and perform research to determine the cause of issues, with a focus on customer environments. If the issue requires developer assistance, you will perform the research to assist the development team and act as a liaison between the Customer Support and Development departments, so it is really important that you’re ready to work in a collaborative environment.
We are interested in a person who can think and reason clearly, quickly learn our application design, architecture, and infrastructure, troubleshoot complex environment issues and communicate technical concepts in a straightforward, coherent manner.
Here’s more about what you’ll do:
- Test complex issues escalated to you by frontline team members and determine if they should be forwarded to our QA/Eng teams or resolved within our group.
- Analyze client environments and corrupted files to determine resolutions.
- Traige all bugs opened by the frontline team to assure validity and completeness of data
- Act as the TS Liaison to QA and Industry Specialists to test and understand issues and workflows specific to customer environments including applications, utilities, hardware and networks.
- Assist with damage control during times of system degradation or outages.
- Set and manage internal and external customer expectations regarding the status of issues.
- Provide trend analysis to anticipate/prevent larger issues.
- Create troubleshooting guides for internal and external clients.
And here's what we hope to see in you:
- CRITICAL: Customer service skills
Bluebeam has exceptional standards for internal and external support. We expect the person in this role to like working with others, and to solve problems with a positive attitude.
- A phenomenal sense of initiative and self-motivation.
- 5+ years of technical support experience with a software/hardware technology company.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Win 7/Win 8/Win 10, and Microsoft Server 2008-2016 is required: installing and uninstalling programs, registry settings, file/folder permissions, windows authentication and file access.
- Working knowledge of standard protocols and other technologies such as Scripting, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, HTTPS, SSH, IIS and .NET.
- Experience with virtual environments (i.e. Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V, Terminal Server, Microsoft App-V)).
- Comfortable using software deployment tools.
- Experience with macOS and iOS environments.
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand a relational database.
- Experience analyzing data dumps and log files.
- Working knowledge/experience of PC imaging and remote control support tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (we really mean it!).
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/computer information systems or equivalent degree required.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Reading/Understanding Code (preferably an OOP language such as C#)
- PDF software
- Architectural or structural programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Solidworks, Navisworks, or Sketchup Pro
- Supporting Saas products
- SharePoint and ProjectWise
- Jira and Confluence
- QA in a non-gaming environment
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position. We’d love to hear about a time when you solved an intriguing technical problem for someone other than yourself. Briefly describe the situation, your problem-solving approach, and the final resolution.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/