Everything that we do at Bluebeam is in an effort to create value for our customers as we serve them, partner with them and innovate on their behalf to move their work forward.
At Bluebeam, we hire for both competency and character. We are committed to hiring employees with the ability to achieve superior results while approaching their work ethically using a team-based approach.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to company-wide results which create value for our customers.
We also believe that all employees are leaders, whether they proactively lead themselves through their daily activities, or lead a team.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Know how to give and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s company-wide results
Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
About the Role
Our engineers develop intuitive applications that revolutionize how the world is built. We work closely with product managers and customers to extend core functionality as well as design and implement new products and features that make a difference every day for our users.
As a people manager for Revu, you will work as part of a multi-team group of responsible for delivering the Revu application suite, beloved by a large customer base in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries and available on Windows, Mac, and iPad.
We value technical professionals that are passionate about their craft and passionate about the health of their teams. We're looking for people who are comfortable engaging in hands-on technical work and using their excellent people skills to drive high quality results. We want someone who is driven to identify the ways that we can challenge our teams to look for the next opportunity to improve and then excited about coaching them through setting and achieving their growth goals.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with software architects, directors, product managers, project managers, quality assurance, and operations to align team direction and product delivery
- Ensure team’s understanding of business goals, priorities, and how they align with customer needs and business direction
- Be the direct manager for a group of engineers within the larger Revu team, responsible for coaching team members to help them develop their growth path here at Bluebeam
- Provide hands on technical team leadership to ensure software development principles are understood and followed
- Be an advocate of software quality and ensure the team understands the importance of proper testing, automation, and software design
- Strong partner to our Project Management team to ensure the work of your team is trackable, measurable and can be communicated to other stakeholders to ensure cross-team coordination
- Assist in the design, development, testing, and deployment for the Revu application suite
- 5+ years software development experience with 1+ years in a technical leadership or managerial role
- BS or higher in computer science or related field, MS preferred
- Coaching/developing bright and talented developers
- Comfortable explaining technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to articulate solutions to complex problems while maintaining the big picture in mind
- Experienced practitioner of Scrum or other Agile variant
- Full understanding of the SDLC and experience executing all phases of a project cycle
- History of delivering quality through use of automation, continuous integration, and continuous deployment practices
- Development experience in Windows or macOS desktop applications
- Development experience in .NET technologies, particularly C# and Visual C++
Want to see what you might be working on?
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.