Everything that we do at Bluebeam is in an effort to create value for our customers as we serve them, partner with them and innovate on their behalf to move their work forward.
At Bluebeam, we hire for both competency and character. We are committed to hiring employees with the ability to achieve superior results while approaching their work ethically using a team-based approach.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to company-wide results which create value for our customers rather than focusing on their own desires for power or career advancement. This means that every employee needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves, no matter the task, to ensure the company (not just a department or individual) accomplishes its goals.
We also believe that all employees are leaders, whether they proactively lead themselves through their daily activities, or lead a team.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Know how to give and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s company-wide results
Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
As our Director of QA, you will be working closely with other members of the engineering leadership team to ensure that our solutions provide the utmost quality across our Desktop, Mobile and Cloud product lines. In addition, you will be responsible for defining the QA organizational and quality development structure, improving processes, as well as providing the vision for the long-term development of QA.
You will also be responsible for the culture within your team and you are expected to be well versed in Performance management and techniques for growing and inspiring the next generation of leaders. You will be highly accountable for the level of software quality and reliability delivered to our customers and partners as well as the efficiency with which QA services are delivered. The Director of QA is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the highest level of quality and testing for software releases by leading and guiding QA managers and the QA team using industry-proven quality assurance and release management policies and practices.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building and growing effective, geographically distributed, QA teams capable of performing in a fast-paced, Agile, dynamic business and development environment.
What you’d be doing:
- Develop a standardized Software Quality Assurance strategy to meet customer and product needs
- Establish departmental KPIs to ensure your team is following the highest level of quality standards.
- Lead and consult on all aspects of engineering, including design, planning, and development
- Establish and execute on a strategy to migrate manual testing to an automated environment
- Lead and mentor QA Analysts and Managers
- Contribute to short-term and long-term product planning and estimation
- Ensure work is delivered on time and on or under budget while meeting enterprise quality standards.
- Ensure QA test plans and feature requirements are properly documented
- Partner with other company leaders to improve company productivity and efficiency, reduce costs, correct discrepancies and conform to new or changed business and customer requirements.
- Provide quality performance reports and reviews with senior leadership and functional leaders.
- Partner with Product Management to manage the user acceptance testing process to ensure we are meeting customer needs.
- Manage test environments, audit build process and mitigate risk throughout the entire SDLC.
- Anticipate resource needs, recruit resources and develop succession plans.
- Create an environment that promotes individual creativity and fosters professional growth and development.
- Work with project management, product management, and Development to improve processes to reduce product defects.
- Develop and implement standards, methods, and procedures to determine release readiness.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated history of providing thoughtful leadership.
What you’d bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or equivalent
- Requires 10+ years of QA experience, including 7+ years in a QA management leadership role.
- Experience delivering software for Desktop, Mobile, and SaaS systems.
- Experience working with a variety of development methodologies including Agile/Scrum.
- Experience utilizing quality assurance testing tools and methodologies including automation.
- Significant experience in managing QA and Testing teams, ability to lead teams of internal and external resources located on- and off-shore.
- Proven experience motivating others and leading geographically distributed teams.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills necessary to implement policy and initiatives.
- Familiarity with our technology stack and tools (or something comparable):
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, HipChat, Bamboo, etc.)
- Test Frameworks and tools e.g. xUnit, Selenium, Sikuli, Mocha etc.
- TDD, BDD and tools e.g. SpecFlow, Cucumber etc.
- Tech stack: C#, AWS
- Mobile tech stack: Xamarin, Objective C, Swift, Java
- Infrastructure: VMWare
Want to see what we’re testing? http://www.bluebeam.com/us/products/
And learn more about working at Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Think you’re a match? Please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role and in Bluebeam