Bluebeam apps and products help people open hospitals faster, build bridges stronger, and keep skyscraper occupants safer. Architects, engineers, and construction professionals spend hours using our products every single day, and it’s up to us to make sure those hours are well spent, productive, and yes, even enjoyable! That’s where you come in.
As a Sr. User Experience Designer at Bluebeam, you’ll join the User Experience Design and Research team to support Revu, our flagship product. You’ll define the overall user experience including the micro interactions that bring the product to life. You’ll tackle complex customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for our customers around the globe.
You'll have access to an engaged customer base, and you’ll enjoy frequent feedback that helps you continuously deliver value. And best of all, your work will land in the hands of over 1 million appreciative users.
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed UI designs for product features including low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Introduce, evangelize and embed Lean UX processes within the established Revu product delivery team.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Undertake user research and testing with our customers and respond to their feedback through design iterations.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts with customers in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses early and often.
- Tell the story of the customer, their jobs-to-be-done and create internal consensus around user outcomes.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 4 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive desktop and native mobile apps and a diverse portfolio showing your processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience designing for complex user interfaces and workflows and in developing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX.
- Experience creating prototypes of different levels of fidelity using tools like Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure, Invision, Marvel etc.
- An appreciation of user psychology and an understanding of how language and design resonate with users.
- A proven approach to mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- The ability to clearly present and articulate design decisions, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback into the next iteration.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
What we’d LOVE to see in you:
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in a dynamic, growing industry ripe for innovation.
- A fun, collaborative work environment with an opportunity to help shape Bluebeam’s approach to Product Design.
- Plenty of opportunity to try, learn, and try again. We work in a user-centric and iterative fashion. You will have ample opportunity to make a direct impact on our products and customer experiences.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, the Sr. User Experience Designer role as described.)
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/