Everything that we do at Bluebeam is in an effort to create value for our customers as we serve them, partner with them and innovate on their behalf to move their work forward.
At Bluebeam, we hire for both competency and character. We are committed to hiring employees with the ability to achieve superior results while approaching their work ethically using a team-based approach.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to company-wide results which create value for our customers rather than focusing on their own desires for power or career advancement. This means that every employee needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves, no matter the task, to ensure the company (not just a department or individual) accomplishes its goals.
We also believe that all employees are leaders, whether they proactively lead themselves through their daily activities, or lead a team.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Know how to give and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s company-wide results
Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
Bluebeam plays a critical behind-the-scenes role in some of the biggest construction projects in the world. Studio, our cloud-based service, make it possible for construction professionals to collaborate in a paperless ecosystem using Bluebeam’s Revu for Windows and iPad applications—all the way from initial plans through the last day on the job site.
We have HUGE plans for the future of our ecosystem, and we're growing quickly.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to drive the technical definition and development of key initiatives as we further expand our platforms technologies. You will build and lead a technical team working on the delivery of a new project that is a key part of the long-term Bluebeam roadmap.
- Develop and implement hiring plans to align with business goals and priorities
- Collaborate with architects, directors, product managers, project managers, quality assurance, and operations to align team direction and product delivery
- Ensure team’s understanding of business goals, priorities, and how they align with customer needs and business direction
- Coach team members to help them develop their growth path here at Bluebeam
- Provide hands on technical team leadership to ensure software development principles are understood and followed
- Be an advocate of software quality and ensure the team understands the importance of proper testing, automation, and software design
- Interface with other technical organizations with our partners and sister companies
- Strong partner to our Product Development team to ensure our technical solutions meet the product objectives
- Strong partner to our Project Management team to ensure the work of your team is trackable, measurable and can be communicated to other stakeholders to ensure cross-team coordination
- 5+ years of managing software development teams
- BS or higher in computer science or related field, MS preferred
- Strong experience in recruiting and hiring
- Coaching/developing bright and talented developers
- Comfortable interacting directly with executive team, and explaining technical concepts to non-technical people
- Experienced practitioner of Scrum or other Agile variant. (not just theoretical knowledge)
- Able to “roll-up sleeves” to work on proof of concepts
- Experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions
- Development experience in .NET technologies, particularly C#
- Experience with ASP NET Web APIs and strong understanding of HTTPS and RESTFUL architecture
- Experience with AWS Web Services ( Lambda, EC2, ElasticSearch)
- Strong experience utilizing design patterns and architectures (MVC, MVVM, Micro-services) to deliver enterprise quality software
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release production environment
- Full understanding of the SDLC
- Experience developing scalable software systems
- Able to articulate solutions to complex problems while maintaining the big picture in mind
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter that reflects your personality and addresses specifically why you are a fit for Bluebeam and this role.
Bluebeam pushes the boundaries of innovation, developing smart, simple project efficiency and collaboration solutions for design and construction professionals worldwide. Since 2002, Bluebeam, Inc. has made desktop, mobile and cloud-based solutions for paperless workflows that leverage PDF to improve project communication and streamline processes across the entire project lifecycle. Trusted by over 1 million individuals in more than 100 countries, Bluebeam's solutions advance the way technical professionals work, manage and collaborate on projects digitally. Founded in Pasadena, CA, Bluebeam has grown to include additional offices in California, Illinois, New Hampshire, Canada, England and Sweden. Bluebeam is part of the Nemetschek Group. Download a 30-day trial of Bluebeam Revu on our website.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.