Bluebeam makes software products and services for people who build things for a living: hospitals, schools, bridges, and everything in-between. From the design studio to the construction site, our unique, industry-leading product suite has grown to become the trusted, common interface between Architects, Engineers, and Contractors (aka, the “AEC”).
We're looking for a Product Manager to help guide the direction, design and ultimate success of our productivity software expanding rapidly into the cloud. You’ll assist an established, passionate Product Team in taking what is already an indispensable and well-loved AEC application to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Keep our Scrum process on rails - participation in daily stand-ups and sprint planning sessions, challenging assumptions, internalizing project objectives, and championing the process of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with other Product Managers, UX Designers and Engineers to create, maintain and manage epics and user stories.
- Interact with key stakeholders to understand business needs and priorities.
- Participate in multi-faceted customer research initiatives and competitive analysis.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Project Management, UX Design, Engineering, QA and Operations.
- With guidance from senior team members, manage and prioritize projects through the entire development cycle.
- You already know the Product Team is your best fit. You just have to be a part of the team that creates/shapes products headed to market, because it’s what drives you.
- You’re a prioritization expert: from daily task management to team roadmap discussions, you can align any effort with a clear articulation of what is (and is not) most important.
- You place a high importance on positive team dynamics and are comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
- You can communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, adjusting your approach as needed.
- You have experience in defining and documenting product requirements.
- You have strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
What we'd like to see in you:
- 2+ years of experience in software product development initiatives preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science / Engineering is a plus.
- Ability to honestly assess and articulate your strengths and weaknesses, and what you do and don’t yet know.
- And there is no escaping the basics: flexible, likeable, well-presented, excellent written/verbal skills, and able to work well with others and/or with ambiguity…
- As part of your interview experience, we’ll ask you to present a new feature improvement to an existing product you use. We highly recommend presenting in a user story format as part of your presentation. For a handy example, take a look here: https://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/agile/user-stories.
Bonus Points For:
- Professional experience in the Architecture, Construction or associated Engineering fields is always desirable, but is not essential to succeed in this role
- Experience in development initiatives for productivity software
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.