Bluebeam, Inc. is looking for an innovative Software Project Manager with the passion for delivering on-time quality products to manage the delivery of a new project that is a key part of the long-term Bluebeam roadmap. At Bluebeam, project management is more than budgets, schedules, and tasks. If you enjoy teamwork, collaboration, and an integral role within the software development lifecycle, then this is the place for you!
Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of project management experience in commercial software. Other key requirements for this position are organizational skills and the ability to communicate project status across many levels and functions within the organization. This position is based in our corporate headquarters in Pasadena, CA and reports to our VP of Engineering.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Define project scope, timeline, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Capture and document project requirements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution, tracking, communication and management of all project components (timelines, milestones, resources, budgets, deliverables, procurements)
- Identify techniques for quality control and develop quality plan
- Clarify completion criteria for each deliverable and develop acceptance plan
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Plan and manage Project resource allocation
- Identify external supplies required and develop/manage procurement plans
- Work across internal and external stakeholders to ensure project alignment, goals and tasks are kept on target.
- Plan, monitor, control and report on project timelines, milestones and deliverables to keep anyone who holds a stake in the completion of the project informed - strong in all communication
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks/crises, and devise contingency plans
- When inevitable hurdles to a project occur, facilitate discussions to reach a timely resolution
- Suggest, implement and manage any modifications that are added to minimize the impact on the overall project
- Assure and control quality
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Ensure project completion criteria have been met
- Obtain stakeholder approval for final deliverables
- Conduct project reviews
- Evaluate performance against defined project goals
- 8+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a corporate level
- Software Development experience desired
- QA experience a plus
- Experience running commercial software delivery projects
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A proactive nature; driving delivery of projects forward in spite of hurdles and actively driving the schedule and coordinating across functions to ensure projects are delivered within scope and on time.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methods
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at a time and prioritize tasks
- Ability to interface with a wide range of functions: Product Management, Marketing, Internal Development, QA and Senior Management, external partners and stakeholders outside of organization.
- Understanding the needs and motivations of all stakeholders in order to meet the objectives of the given product
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexibility during times of change and as a result of being in a rapidly expanding organization
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in a related field
- Certifications in Project Management, Agile, and Scrum a plus
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter that reflects your personality and addresses specifically why you are a fit for Bluebeam and this role.
Bluebeam pushes the boundaries of innovation, developing smart, simple markup and collaboration solutions for design and construction professionals worldwide. Since 2002, Bluebeam, Inc. has made desktop, mobile and cloud-based solutions for paperless workflows that leverage PDF to enable a common data environment, improve project communication, and streamline processes across the entire project lifecycle. Trusted by over 1 million individuals in more than 100 countries, Bluebeam's solutions advance the way technical professionals work, manage and collaborate on projects digitally. Founded in Pasadena, CA, Bluebeam has grown to include additional offices in California, Illinois, New Hampshire, Canada, England and Sweden. Bluebeam is part of the Nemetschek Group. Download a 30-day trial of Bluebeam Revu on our website.
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.