At Bluebeam, our purpose is clear: We empower people to advance the way our world is built.
In order to make the desired impact on our customers and our industry, we know that this will require an extraordinary team of people who are committed to the success of each of our customers and to their fellow employees. As such, we hire for both character and competency and are committed to hiring employees with the ability to achieve superior results while maintaining an ethical and team-based approach to their work.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to join our Accounting Team in a role that will report directly to the Controller as well as work closely with People Operations to ensure a seamless employee experience. The successful candidate will have knowledge of payroll and timekeeping laws and best practices. Additionally, a basic understanding of accounting and finance processes are required. Our ideal candidate is able to balance accurate reporting and processing with great communication and people skills.
- Owns and processes multi-state payroll for 300+ exempt and non-exempt U.S. employees
- Collaborates with third party agencies to process payrolls for international employees as well as work with European counterparts to establish a new process for in-house payroll in Sweden and the UK
- Verifies and processes when necessary tax changes, direct deposits, garnishments, 401K match contributions and loan repayments, deduction goals, retroactive adjustments, prorated payments, bonuses, commissions, monthly allowances, and special pays
- Ensures that all non-exempt employee timesheets are approved by supervisors in a timely fashion, and that timesheet data is processed accurately. Enters Time & Attendance adjustments as needed
- Prepares manual checks for terminating employees and as needed for ad hoc requests
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations, conducting research when necessary
- Provides prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, the payroll process
- Registers for employer tax accounts for state and local withholding and unemployment accounts
- Manages annual workers compensation audit
- Responsible for 401(k) money transfer, reporting and yearly audit
- In collaboration with People Operations, completes monthly headcount report and analysis
- Manages multiple worksite reporting for California
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of W2s and ACA filings
- Collaborates with Human Capital to ensure all Leaves (new parent, disability, etc.) are processed in UltiPro correctly
- Partners closely with People Ops, IT, Finance, and Accounting teams to develop and improve processes.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as needed; schedules regular reports for delivery via UltiPro events studio
- Executes timely month-end close tasks with the preparation of payroll related journal entries, including but not limited to salaries, PTO, payroll taxes and healthcare expenses.
- Reconciles payroll relevant balance sheet accounts monthly; tracks and resolves any reconciling items
- Responsible for monthly headcount reporting to parent company
- Prepares auditor-required payroll related PBC items for calendar year-end, 401(k), and other interim audits
- Responsible for reviewing and approving third-party agency invoices for payment
- Uploads all manual check payment files to bank online portal (Positive Pay)
- Prior UltiPro experience required; must have expert-level report writing experience
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent experience
- CPP or FPC certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in payroll processing and reconciliation
- Excellent organization skills, detail-oriented, oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Concur and NetSuite is a huge plus
If you’ve read this far and you think you are a good match for this position, please send us:
- A cover letter that expresses your personality (And we mean it! Don’t leave this part out! It’s super important to us. And please take the time to personalize it. If it sounds like the same one you sent everyone else, then we’ll be sad.)
- Your resume
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.