Calling all instructional designers and e-learning developers! Do you have a rock-solid portfolio of training courses and/or other learning resources? Are you on first-name terms with SAM, ADDIE, and the rest of them? Is your life’s Storyline colored by your Affinity for MS Advanced Styles? Are you comfortable delivering training face-to-face, online, or via hologram? Oops, the latter is a top secret technology. It’s ok if you haven’t done that yet!
Most importantly, do you love to create training materials that help people learn better? And by “love” we don’t mean “will do it because it’s a job” – we mean it really makes you happy to raise the bar and craft awesome training tools that are designed to help people learn. If all this is you, we want to know!
We have a Sr. Instructional Designer position open at our Pasadena headquarters for someone ready to roll up their sleeves and join our committed Customer Training Team in building certification course materials and exams, e-learning modules, manuals, cheat-sheets, slide decks and anything else that will help our customers and reseller partners discover and enjoy our software applications. The person in this role will also participate in the overall program administration of the Bluebeam Certified Training Program – your project management experience, attention to detail, and customer service skills are crucial to this job too!
The Sr. Instructional Designer will work closely with several teams. Flexibility, adaptability, a strong can-do attitude, and team spirit are absolute necessities. It helps if you know a couple of good knock-knock jokes as well.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Applying instructional design and adult learning principles to the creation and updating of learning content that will be used in the Bluebeam Certified Training Program, as well as in other self-directed training, live virtual classroom, and face-to-face training situations. Examples of training materials you’d be creating include:
- Instructor manuals and end-user workbooks
- Software feature and workflow demonstration videos and e-learning modules
- Instructor-led class slide-decks, workbooks, and handouts.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to conceptualize, create, and refine course content and materials.
- Ensuring that all training materials are consistent, easy to understand, well organized and on brand.
- Covering administrative tasks related to the certification program, ensuring project tasks are prioritized and completed appropriately and that deadlines are met.
- Coordinating training program event logistics as needed, including locating/contracting meeting space; preparing invitations, agendas, training materials, and completion certificates; arranging meals; etc.
- Creating and maintaining an organized training materials catalog/reference system.
Here’s the rundown of qualifications our ideal candidate needs to have. If this list looks like your resume, tell us!
- 5+ years of instructional design experience, including creating video and print training materials
- 3+ years of training experience (online, classroom, etc.)
- Proficiency working with Camtasia, Storyline and Adobe Creative Suite
- High level of comfort with various LMS environments
- A thorough understanding of video editing and graphic design principles
- Experience conducting needs assessments, developing learning objectives, curriculum development, and evaluating the impact of training initiatives
- Excellent written communication skills in English including excellence in script-writing, editing and proofreading
- Program administration and/or project management and experience
- Experience working with certification programs
- A thorough understanding of advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint formatting tools (MS Advanced Styles)
And these will really make you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience producing training materials for technical software training
- Experience in the architectural, engineering, or construction industry
- Experience producing/adapting training materials for an international audience
It’s not just about what you can do – it’s also about who you are. Here’s what we want to see in our future team member:
- An approachable, friendly, collaborative, high-energy and positive nature
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, able to juggle multiple priorities and yet still manage an organized schedule
- Keen social/emotional awareness and outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with both customers and fellow employees
- Great comfort with technology, including an affinity for learning new software
- Excellent organization, planning, and project management skills
- Comfort working with people over the phone and in person
- Willingness to travel up to 25%. Frankly, it’s not likely you’d travel that much, but there can be times travel will be needed, so we want you to be OK with that.
If you think you are a good match for this position, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that expresses your personality and includes
- A link to your online portfolio OR five samples of your work (or links to your work if available online) including preferably at least one handout, one multi-page document (e.g. manual, workbook), and one link to a video. (Please let us know what element(s) of each item you were responsible for: content gathering, assessment, layout for written materials, scripting, recording, editing on the videos, etc.)
Learn more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.